For Sale GuruROM for GVP Series II and C= A2091/A590 + v6.16 omniscsi.device

Hi
Is it possible to raise for another gvp, so 2+2=4 in total?

Thanks

Regards from Germany

Since last update, I see interests in:

britlord (I had already updated) & nekonoko in USA and thufir, mic72, and ethan in Germany.

I'll update the main list shortly, and more overall info should get posted this weekend.

To thufir: Card type it's going to? thanks.

Last edited:
Interested in 1x Adapter+ROM - GVP.

Shipping to Canada. Thanks

Last edited:
Since last update, I see interests in:

britlord (I had already updated) & nekonoko in USA and thufir, mic72, and ethan in Germany.

I'll update the main list shortly, and more overall info should get posted this weekend.

To thufir: Card type it's going to? thanks.

Any news? Weekend is over... :)

I am aiming to get the first 40 or so people addressed in the list.

I was able to get ~30 units shipped out to my first overseas distribution point yesterday (Saturday), and I've held 10 units domestically for the USA people within that 'first batch' of interested users via destination calculation. This also includes those only interested in the 'ROM burn service'. As I don't have the old specific-controller adapters to test with, I had to rely on the info from Ralph, so I hope for the best.

The first distribution point (blindgerman) will handle points in Germany and generally westward, and he will send an allocation of adapters to the second distribution point (tbtorro) for the people in Northern and Eastern Europe/Worldwide destinations in the top part of the list. I have dropped notes to the first few USA/Canada people in the first batch alerting to the availability to get their current interest status.

The updated tools and docs will be in an archive - no more floppy image. Ralph and I decided not to since you will likely boot from C= Workbench media. For the most part, it's a drop-in boot-ROM replacement. (legacy systems < OS 3.1.4 should set up 1 partition <2GB with FFS anyway before playing with any larger partitions or alternate filesystems, and the pitfalls of older FFS limitations are understood).

I have the updated tools from the distribution floppy for older environments, but the archive will still have the legacy HDToolBox for the old 1.3/2.0 environments if they are needed. I will highly suggest using HDToolBox from 3.1.4 if you are using that updated OS, just plug in omniscsi.device in the icon ToolType and prep your system. Remember to set 4K block sizes (or multiples) if using solid-state/flash media.

I did update the main thread with some info - but I don't have anything to report regarding the next batch timing. These in-hand units need to get out, and I need the docs/tools to be updated/available.

Please don't cloud this thread with support issues if/when they come up. It's a sale/interest thread. I'm going to try to build a support thread elsewhere here on Amibay for that kind of Q/A.

Adding Multianer and maw2k to the list.

Thanks,

Robert Miranda

Last edited:
Added Jaegermeister.

Several original parties in the USA have a PM (OP has bold next to the names). Hint:I will need a US zip-code for First Class padded envelope mailer quote in PM/reply unless the $7.90 for the Priority Mail box is desired. I've quoted your 'interest', please consider that the max count, but you can certainly decide for less if it was >1. Anyone (of the US recipients) that wishes to defer because they can't do it at the moment can get moved to the bottom of the second list.

Package is still in-transit across the puddle.

Last edited:
Added CStich

The GuruROM Support Thread is here: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?105188-GuruROM-6-16-for-2019-Support-Thread - Please use this thread for technical questions/troubleshooting. Thanks.

blindgerman is at a retro show this weekend in Europe and will have adapters for the interest group in Batch One for primarily the Germany area. The OP has a bit more detail as an update for 23-Mar-2019.

I made PM contact to the first 5 USA/Canada interests two weeks ago, and did a follow-up this evening. If I do not hear back by Saturday March 30, 2019, I will move on to contact the next North America interests in the first batch and will slot the no-contacts for a last chance check-in at the end of the first batch. If no response at that point, I will mark the interest as no-response, and move on. Also contacted the 6th US interest via PM this evening.

No additional info yet on the from the overseas shipment.

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:
Interested in one Rom + Adapter for GVP A530 to UK

Last edited:
Added cemi.

blindgerman reported that none of the interested parties made the retro show as he thought they might have. He also went on holiday for a week following that. Hopefully some movement and contacts this week. I know tbtorro has already been contacted by a few - they will get there.

Interested in one Omni adapter, and EPROM for a GVP A2000-040 Combo (Rev 6) In Australia.

Update...

Cyborg -> Mail
sinsaner -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
aPEX -> Mail -> Payment received
gseb -> Mail -> Payment reveived
bubbob42 -> Mail
Straubuli -> Mail -> Payment received
Mustang -> Mail
arxxxx -> Mail
ludovicfrance -> Mail -> Payment received
Oldskool1 -> Mail
kaosoverride -> Mail
Starvak-Sp -> Mail

Waiting for answers...

Last edited:
caseybarker and Miru - payment made, shipping pending.
Updating Page 1 post list from BlindGerman's notes.
adding gertsy
Coordinating shipment to tbtorro for most of the rest of the 1st batch distribution.

Last edited:
Update...

Cyborg -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
sinsaner -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
aPEX -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
gseb -> Mail -> Payment reveived -> shipped
bubbob42 -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Straubuli -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Mustang -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
arxxxx -> Mail
ludovicfrance -> Mail -> Payment received -> shipped
Oldskool1 -> Mail