Not open for further replies.

eslapion

Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
Full featured 37k RAM expansions, with gold plated edge connector, reset button and full DIP switch controls.

Features:
- RAM expansion in BLK 1,2,3 and 5 areas with read-only mode on switch
- 3k RAM expansion area ($0400-$0FFF)
- IO2 and IO3 areas
- Master enable/disable switch
- Uses only new components - no NOS parts
- Full RoHS compliant boards and components
- Full schematics available

Pricing is 20 Euros or 24.50$US
102_0804.JPG
102_0803.jpg
DIP switches functions:
1- BLK1 RAM enable ($2000-$3FFF)
2- BLK2 RAM enable ($4000-$5FFF)
3- BLK3 RAM enable ($6000-$7FFF)
4- BLK5 RAM enable ($A000-$BFFF)
5- BLK 1,2,3 and 5 read-only/normal
6- BLK 1,2,3,5 enable
7- IO2,3 RAM enable ($9800-$9FFF)
8- 3k RAM enable ($0400-$0FFF)

Yes, there is a battery holder but this feature is untested at this point and not included at the above price.

Last edited:
Tell me more about the planned function of the battery? I assume it's to keep whatever you have loaded in the cartridge alive when the power to the VIC is turned off?

If that's the case, when you have that working, you'll be able to count me in on this memory expander. Although I already have probably every ram expander made for my VIC, I certainly would be in the market for one that doesn't forget when the power to the computer is switched off! That would indeed be a unique feature.

Great looking board BTW!

Thomas
COREi64

Tell me more about the planned function of the battery? I assume it's to keep whatever you have loaded in the cartridge alive when the power to the VIC is turned off?

If that's the case, when you have that working, you'll be able to count me in on this memory expander. Although I already have probably every ram expander made for my VIC, I certainly would be in the market for one that doesn't forget when the power to the computer is switched off! That would indeed be a unique feature.

Great looking board BTW!

Thomas
COREi64
The battery backup is only to maintain the data in the 3K RAM and IO2-3 areas. It's because the same board can also be used for a totally different purpose.

However, both SRAM chips on the board have an ultra-low power data retention mode. If you have a 1541 or any drive hooked up and left on, the trickle amount of power flowing back in the VIC-20 through the reset line is enough to have the whole expander keep the data intact.

Have you done any work/testing on the battery backup feature of this cartridge yet?

Thomas

Have you done any work/testing on the battery backup feature of this cartridge yet?

Thomas
This was due to be used to keep the high scores for Arukanoido but me and Pixel have more or less lost contact last year when there was an 'incident' in my apartment and I was too busy to complete what I was supposed to do with him.

He seems to have gone in a different direction and quite frankly, I can't blame him as I was effectively unavailable for many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom