jaileruk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
uk
Region
notts
hi I wasn't sure where to put this ... if in the wrong place feel free to move

i'm after some pal format laserdiscs (player is pal only) to beef up my collection

only after ones that i'd actually watch so if anyone has some please feel free to contact me with what you have

thanks

Might want to give us ideas of what kind of movies your looking for.

also, im big info laser discs and I never once herd of a region locked player, ever. In fact if I recall correctly no player was region locked as the discs are coded that way. Wether or not a ntsc disc will work with a pal TV is another thing. I know pal 1.85:1 discs are fine on my ntsc player.

I wish you good luck in finding what your lokking for, also Id give the LDDB a look.

Last edited:
i'm not really looking for any kind just anything that interests me

well now you have heard of one lol ... CLD-1500 is region locked if I put a ntsc disc it will display us disc and will refuse to play
did a bit of research and the player is pal only

Last edited:
They are not region locked per se is it? Just not equipped to play the other format?

I can only advise you to source LDs locally as much as possible. Since they are so heavy, they can be monstrously expensive to ship :(

Last edited:
i'm not really looking for any kind just anything that interests me

well now you have heard of one lol ... CLD-1500 is region locked if I put a ntsc disc it will display us disc and will refuse to play
did a bit of research and the player is pal only
The CDL-1500 can be modded to play NTCS discs.

http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/pioneer/pioneer_cld-1500/pioneer_cld-1500.htm
Near the bottom of the page there is info on the mod.
And yes the discs are heavy, a little less then a pound a piece. This is why I recommended looking up LDDB. There are some sellers there from the UK.

Last edited:
that's true but if you look at the top of the web page in yellow text states

**Please read article below before continuing with any modifications as we have had reports that NTSC laserdiscs placed into the CLD-1500
will not play and produce a error message. If this is the case, there is no point carrying out the modification. **

which mine does that's why I'm stuck to PAL formats only

Last edited:
that's true but if you look at the top of the web page in yellow text states

**Please read article below before continuing with any modifications as we have had reports that NTSC laserdiscs placed into the CLD-1500
will not play and produce a error message. If this is the case, there is no point carrying out the modification. **

which mine does that's why I'm stuck to PAL formats only
That's only if you get the error before the mod if I recall. Ether way its a lot less work to just buy Pal discs like you asked. Just thought Id help out and shoot some useful info your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom