Various laptop, VGA and other memory modules - for free (ex shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionb

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Country
NL
Region
Amsterdam
My memory drawer needs cleaning out. Over the years I've collected various obscure things that I might need one day. Well, that day never came and there's no point of me sitting on this stuff for all eternity. Someone else might need them after all. Unfortunately I have no way of testing the modules, so I can hardly ask good money for them, and they're pretty small and insignificant regardless. Instead they're untested and free (with one exception, see below), all I ask is for shipping costs - which should be low as every one of these will fit through the letterbox.

VGA memory expansions:

2x Compaq 004827-001, 1MB DRAM, from a 1995-ish Presario 3000, probably for onboard Cirrus Logic or S3. "Sold" to debs3759

medium.pngmedium.png

1x Compaq 314024-002 aka 2MB ATi Rage Pro memory expansion (should also work in non-Compaq systems) "Sold" to debs3759
medium.png

Laptop memory:

16MB in a form factor I don't recognise. The sticker reads: "SMC16MBC40", and there's "SOUTHLAND" written on the PCB
medium.png

4 SO-SIMMs, 32MB, 16MB and two unclear "Sold" to debs3759
medium.pngmedium.png

Compaq 004994-001 4MB SO-SIMM from an Armada 4100
medium.png

All the above are free, no strings attached beyond paying for shipping.

I do have a condition for the next one -two Enhanced eDRAM SIMMs - one 4MB, the other 8MB "Sold" to iPonRMA
medium.png
This is the stuff required by Octek HIPPO DCA2 boards (and some DAC960 caching SCSI controllers), DRAM chips with a small SRAM cache on every chip. Now, I have no way of testing this stuff either, so it might be dead. But it's rare enough that I do want something back for it. Here's the deal: I ship you both SIMMs. You test them. If none works, too bad. If only one works you keep it. But if both work, you send one back to me so that I then have a known-good eDRAM SIMM.

Payments accepted: SEPA EU bank transfer preferred, failing that Paypal gift (or regular, at your expense, if you're worried about my newbie lack of feedback - although thats likely to cost more than the shipping we're talking about here)
Will ship pretty much anywhere.
Shipping estimates:
- inside NL: EUR 1.66 - 2.49
- rest of world: EUR 2.80 - 4.20 (depending on weight)
Note that this is without track & trace, adding that would increase costs about sixfold, which wouldn't seem in proportion to the value of the items. But if you prefer it that way, it would be EUR 16.95

Last edited:
Interested in

2x Compaq 004827-001, 1MB DRAM, from a 1995-ish Presario 3000, probably for onboard Cirrus Logic or S3.
1x Compaq 314024-002 aka 2MB ATi Rage Pro memory expansion (should also work in non-Compaq systems)
4 SO-SIMMs, 32MB, 16MB and two unclear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom