Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vampire 500 V2+ owners.

Country
    Exeter, Devon
    Feedback
    15 (100%)

Default Vampire 500 V2+ owners.

Are you required to register these cards yourself or are the new ones done already?

Tia

Country
    United Kingdom, England
    Region:
    Hampshire
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

I feel registration is just for your own benefit has the say on the registration page it is so you are:

To be kept informed of new core releases and access future downloads

http://register.apollo-accelerators.com

A1500, Vampire 500+ V2, AGA2000, X-Surf+Rapid, SBC P120 CD32 SX32 Pro CDTV
    A1200, BPPC 060, Elbox ZorroZIV, Mediator PCI ZIV, FastATA ZIV, Indi AGA MkII, ATI Radeon, Ratte, Sound Blaster, Subway
    A4000, CSMKII 060, Bigram, GG486SLC2, Picasso IV, Concierto, Paloma TV, X-Surf+Rapid

Online Gangster Amibayer! fitzsteve's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Feedback
    1001 (100%)
    Blog Entries

I haven't registered my V2+ yet, how are you finding it EB?
    My Website has moved to: https://fitzstevesamigaworld.000webhostapp.com/ It's now on Free Hosting to preserve the content.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/fitzsteve

Country
    United Kingdom, England
    Region:
    Hampshire
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

To be honest I haven't registered mine yet

but I have got around to getting the serial number

I use mine in my A1500 it is brilliant, Vampired with Zorro II slots . yes it has its flaws but they are slowly working them out

I'm looking forward to the AGA upgraded core
    Last edited by timtheloon; 11th March 2018 at 12:06.

A1500, Vampire 500+ V2, AGA2000, X-Surf+Rapid, SBC P120 CD32 SX32 Pro CDTV
    A1200, BPPC 060, Elbox ZorroZIV, Mediator PCI ZIV, FastATA ZIV, Indi AGA MkII, ATI Radeon, Ratte, Sound Blaster, Subway
    A4000, CSMKII 060, Bigram, GG486SLC2, Picasso IV, Concierto, Paloma TV, X-Surf+Rapid

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Bavaria
    Feedback
    46 (100%)

i do not own Vampire, however, i have read that registration is something to do with Core updates, if You haven't registered Your card - FPU & AGA simulation will not be enabled..
    As i said - it is not 100%, i just read it on a1k.org
    http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread....56018&page=162
    Last edited by DjCook; 11th March 2018 at 12:20. Reason: Typo's correction
    repairs of retro computers & hardware in Germany

Country
    Exeter, Devon
    Feedback
    15 (100%)

Thanks guys

To all! I have not fitted it as yet, it came Friday but I just have not figured out which machine to choose for it yet, A500 or A1500/A2000.

I am aware it has to be fitted so then I can extract the serial number. I am also looking for an HDMI extension lead to present the port at the back of the Amiga.

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Copenhagen
    Feedback
    57 (100%)

FPU will work, but you will only get a B/W picture through HDMI if your S/N was not registered into the firmware, starting from GOLD 2.7. There are some fake/unoriginal Vampire boards out there, which they do not want to support in future cores (they will run with GOLD 2.5).

One thing to look for is that the original V500 boards are all made with black PCBs, so if you have a green V500, it is likely not original (or one of the early prototypes which were never resold so should not be in the wild).
    Last edited by demolition; 12th March 2018 at 07:32.
    A1200 (NOS) : 030 33MHz 128MB fast RAM (ACA1232) : Indivision AGA MkII : 8GB CF : RR USB : Ethernet
    A600 #1 : 080 V2 : 128MB fast : 2MB chip : Indivision ECS : 32GB CF : RR USB
    : Ethernet | A600 #2 : 010 : 2MB chip
    A500 : 68000 42MHz : 1MB chip : 8MB fast : 4GB CF | A500+ : 080 V2+ : 128MB fast : 2MB chip : 32GB CF

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Bavaria
    Feedback
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by demolition View Post
    FPU will work, but you will only get a B/W picture through HDMI if your S/N was not registered into the firmware, starting from GOLD 2.7.
    thanks for this explanation, Demolition
    There are some fake/unoriginal Vampire boards out there, which they do not want to support in future cores (they will run with GOLD 2.5).

One thing to look for is that the original V500 boards are all made with black PCBs, so if you have a green V500, it is likely not original (or one of the early prototypes which were never resold so should not be in the wild).
    Wow..that's crazy..didn't knew someone helps majsta without his permission
    repairs of retro computers & hardware in Germany

Country
    United States
    Region:
    California
    Feedback
    26 (100%)

FPU will work, but you will only get a B/W picture through HDMI if your S/N was not registered into the firmware, starting from GOLD 2.7. There are some fake/unoriginal Vampire boards out there, which they do not want to support in future cores (they will run with GOLD 2.5).

Wait, does this mean if I didn't register my board before 2.7 was built, I'm stuck with B&W until I register and wait for the next firmware to come out?

Online Gangster Amibayer! fitzsteve's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Feedback
    1001 (100%)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comraider View Post

Wait, does this mean if I didn't register my board before 2.7 was built, I'm stuck with B&W until I register and wait for the next firmware to come out?
    Unless Amigakit registered mine it's unregistered and I don't have any issues with 2.7
    My Website has moved to: https://fitzstevesamigaworld.000webhostapp.com/ It's now on Free Hosting to preserve the content.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/fitzsteve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast