Vampire 500 V2+ owners.

I haven't registered my V2+ yet, how are you finding it EB?

To be honest I haven't registered mine yet

but I have got around to getting the serial number :LOL:

I use mine in my A1500 it is brilliant, Vampired with Zorro II slots :D. yes it has its flaws but they are slowly working them out ;)

I'm looking forward to the AGA upgraded core :woot:

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

To all! I have not fitted it as yet, it came Friday but I just have not figured out which machine to choose for it yet, A500 or A1500/A2000.

I am aware it has to be fitted so then I can extract the serial number. I am also looking for an HDMI extension lead to present the port at the back of the Amiga.

FPU will work, but you will only get a B/W picture through HDMI if your S/N was not registered into the firmware, starting from GOLD 2.7. There are some fake/unoriginal Vampire boards out there, which they do not want to support in future cores (they will run with GOLD 2.5).

One thing to look for is that the original V500 boards are all made with black PCBs, so if you have a green V500, it is likely not original (or one of the early prototypes which were never resold so should not be in the wild).

Last edited:
FPU will work, but you will only get a B/W picture through HDMI if your S/N was not registered into the firmware, starting from GOLD 2.7.
thanks for this explanation, Demolition :eek:
There are some fake/unoriginal Vampire boards out there, which they do not want to support in future cores (they will run with GOLD 2.5).

One thing to look for is that the original V500 boards are all made with black PCBs, so if you have a green V500, it is likely not original (or one of the early prototypes which were never resold so should not be in the wild).
Wow..that's crazy..didn't knew someone helps majsta without his permission :unsure:

FPU will work, but you will only get a B/W picture through HDMI if your S/N was not registered into the firmware, starting from GOLD 2.7. There are some fake/unoriginal Vampire boards out there, which they do not want to support in future cores (they will run with GOLD 2.5).

Wait, does this mean if I didn't register my board before 2.7 was built, I'm stuck with B&W until I register and wait for the next firmware to come out?

Wait, does this mean if I didn't register my board before 2.7 was built, I'm stuck with B&W until I register and wait for the next firmware to come out?

Unless Amigakit registered mine it's unregistered and I don't have any issues with 2.7

just so you all know there is a chap who sells clones with stolen/acquired early beta schematics. (from apollo team , Beware of Fraudulent Cards Sold By Keith Dumoulin)

originals are black as has been said and some early not for resale prototypes are green.

but be aware gold 2.7 will NOT work on the clones,

but there is hope if you have a clone. you can for a limited time still register your clone and the Apollo team will try and help you.

see this link

http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=5&note=12888&z=2cY80i

Yes, but they have released 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 already to add those that registered late, and supposedly 2.8 is on the way later this week, so no reason to wait with registering your card.

Back
Top Bottom