Robhalfordfan

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Aberdeen
hi all

looking for a replacement card as the current card is not working because of broken legs on one of the chips and I have no idea how fix it and no idea how to solder

If you dont make a deal with Mr.horse i have one. Its a tad noisey on the ouput as most voodoo1’s dont give the best vga signal anyway.

Given the cost of shipping it would probably be better if he bought your card.
That and we don't have to deal with the risk of shipping internationally.

But I'm open to the idea of shipping to the UK if he pays up for the shipping and take responsibly of customs/import duty's and what not.
I'd defiantly be more open to shipping to the UK if one were to buy more then one part too.

@Robhalfordfan, If your interested in my card I'm only willing to ship USPS priority mail international with tracking and insured with signature confirmation.

@Mr.horse - how much in total with be to ship uk
@sardine - how much in total with the card and shipping and does it have heatsinks on the chips

is it possible to do tests and see if card will work with issues for long gaming sessions

how noisey is the output as I didn't noticed anything too bad with last voodoo 1

Last edited:
@Mr.horse - how much in total with be to ship uk
@sardine - how much in total with the card and shipping and does it have heatsinks on the chips

is it possible to do tests and see if card will work with issues for long gaming sessions

how noisey is the output as I didn't noticed anything too bad with last voodoo 1
Pm me your adress and ill get a quote. Im guessing anywhere between 20-40$ USD.
I don't have a complete system to re test it in. Im trying to sell off all my old stuff, so everything has been taken apart for selling.
I did play biohazard 2 with the card for about 5-10 minutes when I tested it a few weeks back.

As for noisy vga outputs. Im not going to speek for sardine's card directly, but some custom PCB cards were known to have poor video. A cheap passthought cables can cause a poor vga output too.

Last edited:
best way I can describe the noise as interference on bright backgrounds, some brands of voodoo 1's are known for poor VGA output.

apart from the noise it works perfectly playing games no issues it just bugged me so I replaced the card with an Orchid Righteous clicky and no more noise.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pdqv7ebmrkdrhe/VooDoo 1 Interference.mp4

Last edited:
ok I didn't notice on my diamond monster voodoo 1, only thing I noticed is when play glquake and when is explosive close to me and big explosive where it slightly pixelates when it is bright (don't know how to describe it) but other than that I haven't noticed any thing else

is it possible to send a pic of the card

Ok found it.

looked up FCC ID and its a Gainward Voodoo 1 (FCC: ICUVGA-GW703)

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 0
standard 4mb,, the only voodoo 1 that I know of which has more ram are the awful voodoo rush combined 3d/2d boards.

sorry bud, use google im not a voodoo expert...!!

just £20 bud.. +P&P includes cable also.

standard 4mb,, the only voodoo 1 that I know of which has more ram are the awful voodoo rush combined 3d/2d boards.

There were a few 6mb and 8mb cards by quantum3d. But those are about as rare as hens teeth. Most voodoo 1 cards are more or less the same. Some may have better parts like caps and ram that can take higher clock speeds. But if its a reference PCB they're more or less the same card.

Also not problem that you did not buy my card.

Last edited:
righto...

im very busy at work so it might not be for a few days..

P&P i guess is around £4.50 royal mail signed for,

PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom