As you wish.
VIP
Rating - 100%
1225   0   0
Country
Denmark
Region
Sjæland
Selling composite video repair/upgrade kits for A1200 and A600. As some of you may know the bandpass filters and delay line components are custom and not sold anywhere, so if they get damaged by capacitor leak, or heat (during soldering for example) then your composite video will suffer or disappear. The bandpass filters are inside the metal can like component arrays as shown below, but you don't need to remove them after installation of this video kit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	1562475

The solution is a newer and better SONY encoder chip with a small adapter PCB, that has these filters built in, so the external custom filters are not needed anymore and you can restore a decent video output. Main symptoms of external filters dying are color bleed and ghosting. On modern LCD screens the color bleed and ghosting is more noticeable, on CRT screens is less important (IMHO). Furthermore the newer SONY video chip also has S-VIDEO output so you can also solder a socket to the S-VIDEO pins if you prefer that video output type for an even better picture. This kit will also improve the composite signal somewhat - but please don't expect miracles - it'll be still a composite output.
Before:After:
Click image for larger version  Name:	20180315_152224 (Medium).jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.3 KB ID:	1562476
Click image for larger version  Name:	20180315_151758 (Medium).jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.0 KB ID:	1562477
Installation (no need to remove old compoents from your board):

R1: 16K R2: 47K C1,C2: 100nF
Remove the old chip:Not connected pads:Solder connected pads:Solder top components:Finished installation:
Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	1562478
Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	1562479
Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.1 KB ID:	1562480
Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	1562481
Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	207.5 KB ID:	1562482
PCB design is by myself (tbtorro) and the original circuit idea is by Daniel Tufvesson. You can read more about the project here. The sale is for the components and the adapter only, won't be able to provide support.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	1562483

Asking 16 + 8€ shipping. Shipping is untracked parcel at your own risk. Or 18€ registered within EU.

You need to send me a PM after declaring interest. If you only write "Interested" on the thread, nothing will happen until you send me a PM.

Remember to leave feedback (as per forum rules) after you've received your kit, here is how:
Leaving-feedback-for-your-transactions

Please have a look at my other new Commodore chips/parts listings:
16mb-gvp-ram-modules
4mb-64-pin-ram-modules-for-gvp-accelerators
200-pin-cpu-connectors-for-a3000-4000-systems-and-cpu-cards
A4000-RTC-repair-kits
A1200-or-reamiga-1200-xu9-gal
2mb-chip-ram-for-a1200-rev-2b-new-chips
Selling-a-few-nos-buster-ramsey-and-bridgette
Micro-psu-component-kits-for-060-cards-a3660-b1260-etc.
Amiga-4000-gal-sets
Full-GAL-set-and-sockets-for-A3640-A3660-CPU-cards-NOS
Video-repair-upgrade-kits-for-A1200/A600
Pcmcia-activity-led-kits-for-a1200-a600
AGNUS-8372A-PAL-chips-(318069-02)-NOS
DMAC-(390563-02)-for-Amiga-3000-A590-A2091-NEW-chips
A3640-CPU-Cards-Rev-3-2-upgrade-chips-new
Selling-some-rare-version-AGNUS-chips

Last edited:
Very Interesting

attachment.php

I've got a A600 motherboard where the component that is going across it IC in the picture has come off would this be the reason why I'm not getting an Image?

Very Interesting

attachment.php

I've got a A600 motherboard where the component that is going across it IC in the picture has come off would this be the reason why I'm not getting an Image?

Nope, that is just a decoupling capacitor to help with noise. You should still have a video out. If you don't then you either have capacitor corrosion damage or faulty delay lines (as explained above) or both.

This just handles the composite video out, right? If you don't use the composite (with an Indivision or video card say) this doesn't do anything for you? Or would I need it for something else as well?

This just handles the composite video out, right? If you don't use the composite (with an Indivision or video card say) this doesn't do anything for you? Or would I need it for something else as well?

Only for composite.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you would need a different chip for NTSC Amigas, since the document says the bandpass filters in the original circuit have different values and the filter is internal to the chip?

Just to say fitted and what a great project bud, you will need a fine point Iron but its very do-able ! sorry for the blurr but its top notch here for composhite !:)
you are credit to Amibay :)

Amiga video fix.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom