Country
UK
Region
London
The machine is (as far as I can tell) fully working ... as in :

Boots up to Tape Load/128k/48k etc. menu screen
Original PSU working fine ... ~ 12V on open circuit
Internal 5V rail correct
Tape transport all works, control buttons all do what they should, tapes fwd/rewind correctly.
I just have one game on tape which loads as it should (eventually :) )
RF output works
composite output works
All keys seem to work OK.

Overall condition is actually very good - very little by way of marks, blemishes etc.

I'm not knowledgeable with these machines ... (I'm really more Amiga etc.) - so I've had a little play/tinker with the Speccy, but ready to pass it on now.

I have made up a 8-pin DIN + 3.5mm mini-jack audio -> 3 X RCA (yellow composite video + L/R audio) cable which is included. The idea is that if necessary a SCART "IN" adapter is all that is reqd for SCART operation on composite. If you want, you could also use the 8-pin DIN plug to make a RGB cable.
N.B My DIY cable is not the most professionally wired - it could do with some shrink-wrap and cable-grip attention, but OK as long as you're careful with it.

Also included is a new cassette tape adapter to use with OTLA or similar ....I couldn't get this to work - but ran out of patience with it a bit TBH :)

The machine is (as far as I can tell) un-modified - so will likely have the original design faults.
It has original poly insert thingys + outer carboard sleeve (ish) - but the outer sleeve is very tatty (make that very very tatty :) ).

IMG_1887s.jpg IMG_1892s.jpg IMG_1895s.jpg IMG_1896s.jpg IMG_1897s.jpg IMG_1898s.jpg
IMG_1901s.jpg IMG_1902s.jpg IMG_1903s.jpg IMG_1904s.jpg

Asking £60 PP FF (or add 4%) + shipping.

P.S. All original except for the 6 x underside screws - I've used some self-tapper types from my bits box - not forced in.
If there any tests you want me to run, I will do that if poss.

I am willing to also include a SCART<->SCART cable (with all pins wired) if you want to butcher it to make a 8-pin -> SCART cable.

Last edited:
... and received - thanks. Shipping might take a day or two ... need to find shipping materielle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom