TF530 REV3 33Mhz complete with A2000 Adapter (Terrible Fire 530)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGC210

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
England
Region
Staffordshire
I have 2 TF530 boards for sale (4 Sold), I might have a couple more but will post when they become available.
The TF530's I have built come with:
MC68030RC33C Mask 1F91C (0.8 Micron compared to the earlier 1.0 micron)
MC68882FN40A FPU (Running at 33Mhz)
2MB 12ns RAM
IDE interface
SPI port

They come complete with an A2000 Co-Pro adapter as per what I sell. Sale thread

They are flashed with the SPI firmware.

The CPU and FPU are used so may have scratches. All boards are fully tested though.

32530150mn.jpg

32530157zb.jpg

32529977em.jpg

Please indicate if you want a straight IDE header or 90 deg.

32529966qy.jpg

Cost per board including Co-Pro adapter and tracked postge.

UK £90
EU £96
USA £97

These TF530's are not directly supported by Stephen Leary as they do not have the TF logo.
Please check the Wiki for info on what Zorro cards work with the TF530.
https://github.com/terriblefire/tf530/wiki
The IDE is unbuffered so please keep cables short.
Payment sent as PayPal Gift / Friends & Family as this is not a commercial product.
For sale else where, will update listing when sold.

Other Items for sale:

Kipper2K A2000 Co-pro Adapter v0.95 Ideal for TF530, A508 Vampire etc

Last edited:
There are few reasons really.
Cost of the RAM chips is high, limited board space for more chips.
Finding RAM chips in 5v is very hard.

The trade off though is SRAM is fast and there is no need for a complex RAM controller.

I am using my TF530 with a GVP card with 4MB RAM

Thanks for answering my questions

Gonna pass this time, Interested withdrawn

hello interested, is it compatible with a card gvp hc + 8 series 2 with 8MO? and can I boot to IDE ? thank you !!

Last edited:
To use your GVP card you will have to set it to 6MB via jumpers.
As both the TF530 and GVP use Zorro II space for the RAM.
The IDE on the TF530 is fully functional while using a GVP SCSI Card.

The only thing I haven't tried with my GVP Card is the SCSI as I don't have a spare SCSI HDD at the moment.

okay thank, can we put a CF adapter on the ide? thank you

another questions MP thank....

Last edited:
Yes you can use a Compact Flash card as they are just an IDE interface.

The above screenshots were taken from my A2000.

Hi,
Interested in one for my A500. I do however still need to get it out of storage and test it to see if she's still working.
Hopefully all will be good.
Is there a particular kickstart needed for this? IIRC my A500 has the standard 3.1.

As long as you have a KS 2.05 or above you are ok.
My testing has mostly been done with e KS3.1

I don't sell the re-locator that allows you to close the case up on the A500 though, you would have to get that else where.

Good news and bad. My 500 fired up no problem (not bad going seeing as it's been maybe 20 years since it last was!), but I've got 1.3.
I must have a really early model!

Good news and bad. My 500 fired up no problem (not bad going seeing as it's been maybe 20 years since it last was!), but I've got 1.3.

You have a couple of options to get IDE working on KS1.3

You could make a bootable floppy disk with the scsi.device on and then get that to load a HDD.

If you have an EPROM programmer you could take your KS1.3 and make a custom one with the scsi.device on board.

Or you could buy a KS ROM of either 2.05 or 3.1.
If you still wanted to keep 1.3 on your A500 you could use a kick-start switcher. Although with WHDLoad you can just load games through that and not have to worry about kickstart versions.

I might have a spare 2.05 ROM you could have if you wanted to use a Tf530 as cheap as possible.
I will have a look after work tonight and will PM you.

You have a couple of options to get IDE working on KS1.3

You could make a bootable floppy disk with the scsi.device on and then get that to load a HDD.

If you have an EPROM programmer you could take your KS1.3 and make a custom one with the scsi.device on board.

Or you could buy a KS ROM of either 2.05 or 3.1.
If you still wanted to keep 1.3 on your A500 you could use a kick-start switcher. Although with WHDLoad you can just load games through that and not have to worry about kickstart versions.

I might have a spare 2.05 ROM you could have if you wanted to use a Tf530 as cheap as possible.
I will have a look after work tonight and will PM you.

Swapping the rom would probably be the easiest thing for me to do. At the moment I'm weighing up my options with this against buying an A1200. If the TF530 will give me superior performance against a stock 1200, this seems a better way for me to go.
Silly question I know, but a complete newb to upgrading Amigas and haven't messed about with them for years.

Cheers

The TF530 is a lot quicker than a stock A1200. The IDE on the TF530 is quicker than stock A1200. Has the SPI bus which hopefully will get more drivers for.

It depends on what you want to do with the machine though, an A1200 has the advantage of playing games in upto 256 Colours though.

32578776xz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have another TF530 for sale now. Updated quantity on first page.

Afraid I may have to pass this time.
Been playing around with my 500 tonight and it's being a bit temperamental reading disks on DFO.
Hopefully It's just be a case of dust and dirt inside it. I'll give it a thorough clean over the weekend and try again.
Till then I don't want to commit and waste any of your time.

The TF530 is a lot quicker than a stock A1200. The IDE on the TF530 is quicker than stock A1200. Has the SPI bus which hopefully will get more drivers for.

It depends on what you want to do with the machine though, an A1200 has the advantage of playing games in upto 256 Colours though.

32578776xz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have another TF530 for sale now. Updated quantity on first page.

Declare interest in 1 TF530 board - will PM later with Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom