Closed 68030 TK - Another accelerator card for Amiga A500/A1000/A2000 designed by Matze (aka Matthias Heinrichs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjCook

8 Bit Dreams
Blogger
Rating - 100%
330   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
Ladies and gents,
68030TK +64MB Turbocards are available, feel free to get
a fastest 030 Accelerator designed and built in Germany NOW!

UPDATE 26.07.2020
we are glad to report that testing and adjusting phase of the 64MB expansion is over,
we can ship You a well known 68030TK accelerator card designed by Matthias Heinrichs (aka Matze, Germany) now!
2020-07-28 22.00.46.jpg
1594234509829-587051396.jpg

some of You already got this accelerator card with 4MB expansion, they can proove this is the fastest Accelerator in it's class available atm,
Now we are back with 64MB version of it, and we are happy to report that this card is working on A500, A1000 and of course on A2000 too!
Even more, it was designed as a part of expanded system, where RTG, Flicker Fixer, SCSI Devices, and other Expansions are united in one system!

Of course it's still a hobby rather than a commercial product, so everyone with soldering skills is welcome to build these,
Sources are available at: (Free for non commercial reproduction!)

FAIR WARNING:
There are some Zorro bus related issues on rev.4.x A2000 machines,
this is rather rev.4.x and not accelerator related, hence accelerator will probably not work in CPU Slot

As always, there are some important things You need to check before installing a new card:
Most important thing here is PSU - it need to be in good shape (recapped)
heavy 2,5A (A500) PSU version will probably be too weak and doesn't work
do voltage mesurement (while system is on) on CPU socket, should be not less than 4,8V!

CPU socket need to be clean and should make good connection to the board
in some cases additional power & GND cables are necessary to be connected to the ram board
Also Your Amiga need to be in good shape (recapped) - most caps are dry 35 Years after production date
two big Caps near PSU Socket are most important!
Also boards need a 3D Printed cover on the connector that acts like a shield
(also piece of foil wrapped in a paper can do the trick)

Options available:
1) 68030TK + 64MB (card only, NO CPU) 155 Eur
2) 68030TK + 64MB (card only, EC type CPU) 175 Eur
3) 68030TK + 64MB, A500 / A1000 Set (EC type CPU) Relocator, CF Card adapter, Flat ribbon extension 190 Eur
4) 68030TK + 64MB A2000 Set (EC type CPU) CPU Slot Card, CF Card adapter, Flat ribbon extension210 Eur

Upgrade
from 4 to 64MB:
Unfortunately TK needs some resitors to be changed and Firmware (Lattice cpld) need also be reprogrammed
Once this is done - You are ready to use TK card with 64MB RAM board - 70€
See correct resistor values here:

or:
You can also send Your 68030TK card to me,
will gladly swap resistors and reprogram and do a full test

Please send PayPal payments as "friends & family" or add 4% PayPal fee.

Due to the cost of this expansion, shipping it tracked and insured only
Shipping in Germany is 4,99€
Other Countries 25€

Also offered for sale elsewhere.

FAQ:
Q: Will this card work on the A500 and /or A500+?
Sure, works fine, however a relocator board is needed to fit keyboard in place

Q: Will this card work on the A1000?
A: Yes, it does, however default A1000 roms can't work on 68030 CPU,
because of that kickstart adapter is needed.
WARNING! Installation reguires some soldering!!!

Q: Will this card work on the A2000?
A: Sure, it was tested on rev.6.x and is fully functional!
FAIR WARNING: may or may not work in CPU Slot on rev.4.x, runs nice in 68k socket though
Q: Will this card work on CDTV?
A: No, this card will not fit inside an unmodded CDTV, sorry

Q: Is the relocator necessary to use this card?
A: Yes, it's really necessary to be able to close standard A500 case,
to relocate accelerator to right position and add KS ROM on A1000
and to be able to install it in CPU Slot on A2000.

Q: What IDE device can I use?
A: You can use CF Cards and real HDD Drives of course

Q: Do i need to buy a CPU with MMU?
A: No, this isn't necessary since this accelerator has it's own boot rom - IDE Speed is very fast.

Q: Will this Accelerator work with KS 1.3?
A: No, this Accelerator has 64MB ZorroIII FastRAM,
KS 1.3 can't handle this amount of RAM,
You need KS 3.1 or 3.1.4

Q: Can i upgrade my existing 4MB to 64MB RAM card by swapping out ram chips?
A: No, this isn't possible 64MB RAM card is totally different .

Q: Will this card work on Atari STx?
A: Nope, this card was designed to be used in Amiga computers, however source code is well documented,
feel free to write Atari Firmware for it! :)

20180420_215351.jpg
20180420_215747.jpg

JanHolbo - TK+64MB - PM Sent
Haxxy - TK+64MB - Paid
voyager2 - Upgrade - PM Sent
chatopirulo - 2x TK+64MB Sets A500+A2000

hlide - Upgrade
bandan - 64MB
rmzalbar - Upgrade

Vypr - Upgrade
dallyis - Upgrade
Hal - Upgrade

PrzemasIII - Upgrade
knightstone - Upgrade
klacko - TK+64MB
Ollis - TK+64MB
ori1a - Upgrade
zJark - TK+64MB
upsnowman - TK+64MB + 64MB RAM
dallyis - Upgrade
QuietBear - 68030TK+64MB A500 Set
Warty - Upgrade
CapnChaos - 68030TK+64MB
keiko - 68030TK+64MB
Drewlio77 - 68030TK+64MB
tbkr - 68030TK+64MB

with best Regards,
- 8 Bit Dreams -

Last edited:
Interested in 2 of your builds with 64mb

Interested in one with relocator for my A1000. Currently I've M-Tec 68020 inside, so it will be a great replacement.

It's probably gonna be no, but do you reckon this will fit in the CDTV and still be able to put the lid on?

Wow! Wasn't prepared for so much interest.. Seems that i am sold out for now. All 8 cards i've planned to sell - are reserved..
As mentioned above - 64MB Version is not ready! I can only offer 4MB Version, it's tested and works excellent in A500, A1000 and A2000. Does autoconfig Zorro II cards correctly and DMA works like it should.
I just started to build 64MB Part: 1x with XC95288 and 1x with XC95144XL..
2018-04-29_17.36.56.jpg

Last one is already flashed, waiting for RAM chips and other parts. The best part of this Accelerator - You can actually have both RAM cards! lol these are just plug & play!

@Hal & Niezgodka
indeed, this accelerator is working fine in A1000, however, it isn't Plug & Play on it!
You need to have soldering skills to be able to install it because of Kickstart! You need KS 3.1 to boot from IDE..If You have ROM Chips soldered on the motherboard - You'll have to desolder them, and it is not easy doable job, if You have not done it before. Of course, You can cut these IC's out, but who will butcher he's A1000 like that?
Here is an explanation of our forum member EzdineG:
https://www.amigalove.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=540

@scrappysphinx
It's probably gonna be no, but do you reckon this will fit in the CDTV and still be able to put the lid on?
personally i don't see any problem to install this card in to CDTV as there is enough space. IT WILL FIT!
However, as i said You before - it will NOT boot from CD!

Last edited:
@scrappysphinx
personally i don't see any problem to install this card in to CDTV as there is enough space. IT WILL FIT!

I currently have one of MKL's ide+8mb ram boards in the 68000 slot of the cdtv with a 1.3/3.1 dual rom and it autoboots from hdd fine when using the 3.1 rom. When using the 1.3 rom it boots as a standard cdtv.

It would be awesome to fit one of these 030 boards in there and i assume it would work the same way?

I will be interested in a 64mb board when available

@scrappysphinx

I'm also interested, but I would like hear some actual opinions about this card with CDTV.

It will not boot from CD? Do I need to disable CDTV's extended roms? Or it just doesn't boot from CD? Does CD-drive work even, if it's not bootable?

Is it so that 4mb version is without separate memory module? or is there a 4mb and 64mb memory modules?

I see these messages as a placeholder for the interested persons. Since all are waiting for 64MB version only wich isn't built and tested yet - i will skip them if someone orders 4MB one - all spares necessary are here already.
The problem is that some parts on 64MB board are unavailable. I have contacted someone who is able to ship these chips to me, will see will i get them or not..

I have posted a link to Matzes Github in the first post of this thread, so persons with soldering skills can build their own cards. Will be happy to help.
Refards,

-Viktor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom