Not open for further replies.

Acill

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Oxnard, Ca.
These are built on demand and are $25 each for my time and parts only plus shipping paid by friends and family or please add fees to paypal payment.

Now also available with a manual Kickstart switcher integrated! $5 more, does NOT include the switch but can accept any two position switch of your choice.

Confirmed to work on NTSC and PAL systems! Will also work with a standard A500 ROM switcher and allow you to install several A500 accelerators since the CPU is relocated with these boards!

I will be out of town from May 5th through May 19th. Will take orders and ship when I return. You are welcome to order ahead as long as you understand that and are okay with waiting.

Shipping is $8 priority mail in the USA
$14 tracked first class mail for the rest of the world. You are welcome to pay for faster shipping if you like as well.

These are not plug and play. They will require very simple mods that are printed on the boards. I will include instructions with pictures for NTSC install guide if requested. You can also view them here: https://www.amigalove.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=540

Attachments

• adapter1.jpg
    adapter1.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 35
  • adapter2.jpg
    adapter2.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 25
  • adapter3.jpg
    adapter3.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Interested in one for a PAL A1000..... can I specify a red board? ;) Happy to wait until you are ready.

I only make the one, but I am told it will work for PAL machines as well using the same procedure to install, just using the points directly on the mainboard. I have no PAL machine here to test, but looking at them see the same line that gets cut or leg lifted and the jumper line. Since I cant test a PAL one I cat verify it 100% though.

I will send one for free if the user pays shipping and wants to test fit to a PAL machine and figure out the install points. I am sure most of the install that Tuxbars ROM and switcher version uses is mostly the same minus the reset points since mine has no switcher, just a single ROM.

Anyone with a PAL machine thats a good tech want to help me and get it free? I can do maybe 2 of them to the first two competent users that can solder well and know the PAL boards. This guide for another older adapter has many of the same points as well and should help. http://arekneubauer.com/en/projects/amiga-1000-kickstart-adapter-with-bootselector

As for color all I have is red now.

Last edited:
Hi, I can offer my PAL A1000 for testing it witn the spare 1.3 and 2.0 A500 Kickstarts I already have.

The Rev A or Rev 6 uses the WCS daughterboard, and the latter was both NTSC and PAL, whereas the PAL model had yet to come out @ the original Rev A time period.

The difference is on the motherboard which incorporates the WCS, with 'Made in Japan', and '252277-01 86.08.08' markings in the front right (floppy zone). Many of these later variants were sold as PAL machines, but not all. The modification points are locatable.

Last edited:
Necessary board modifications for NTSC / PAL motherboards.

NTSC / PAL motherboards with daughterboard:
U6J - Bend pin 17 out or cut on daughterboard
U4K - Connect pin 1 & 20 with 4.7kOhm resistor
U6L - Connect Pin 13 to Kickstart board J1

PAL motherboards with no daughterboard:
U6N - Bend pin 17 out or cut on daughterboard
U3J - Connect pin 1 & 20 with 4.7kOhm resistor
U4S - Connect pin 13 to Kickstart board J1

Thanks to Ratte on the A1k forums for clarifying U3J as the correct 74LS373 on the PAL board (I do not have one to test.)
https://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?p=100237

Last edited:
I am interested in one for NTSC A1000, If I can please.
You can just toss it up to me in Oregon. I will have my glove on

Message sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Necessary board modifications for NTSC / PAL motherboards.

NTSC / PAL motherboards with daughterboard:
U6J - Bend pin 17 out or cut on daughterboard
U4K - Connect pin 1 & 20 with 4.7kOhm resistor
U6L - Connect Pin 19 to Kickstart board J1

PAL motherboards with no daughterboard:
U6N - Bend pin 17 out or cut on daughterboard
U3J - Connect pin 1 & 20 with 4.7kOhm resistor
U4S - Connect pin 19 to Kickstart board J1

Thanks to Ratte on the A1k forums for clarifying U3J as the correct 74LS373 on the PAL board (I do not have one to test.)
https://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?p=100237

Nice! Thanks for the PAL info!

Confirmed to work on NTSC and PAL systems! Will also work with a standard A500 ROM switcher and allow you to install several A500 accelerators since the CPU is relocated with these boards!

I now have an updated design available with a manual switcher integrated. They will be $5 more over the single kickstart version. I am also willing to send as a kit for those with the skills to solder these themselves. Tested and confirmed with PAL/NTSC machines. Instructions on the first page for connections.

I assume the pictures in the first post have not been updated to show the new design to have 2 kickstart roms installed in order to use the switcher? I believe this is shown in the Amigalove forum you linked to. If it is indeed able to hold 2 kickstart roms I am interested in one. Since its been a while am I correct that I would want to have A500 kickstart roms inserted?

Yes I have the 2 ROM version as well but have run out of the 10k resistors I need. When I get home I plan to order more of them and will take orders again. I've been busy with the orders for the A4000 Rev B boards.

Last edited:
Interested in a single Kickstart ROM version for my PAL A1000 with shipping to Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom