My project videos

ajk

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Helsinki
Hi guys,

I've been uploading videos of various Amiga related projects for the past few years. These are not highly produced episodes or anything, I just try to have the camcorder running when working on something. Thought I would share them here also.

I'll link to a couple of the more recent ones. Here's an A600 with a faulty power socket:

In this one I restore an A1000 keyboard:

And in this one I put together a GBA1000:

Hi guys,

I've been uploading videos of various Amiga related projects for the past few years. These are not highly produced episodes or anything, I just try to have the camcorder running when working on something. Thought I would share them here also.

I'll link to a couple of the more recent ones. Here's an A600 with a faulty power socket:

In this one I restore an A1000 keyboard:

And in this one I put together a GBA1000:

Thank you for sharing!

The keyboard one is brilliant :) Something impressive about seeing an old 1000 keyboard come back to life... excellent stuff.

Last edited:
New video - this time I'm taking a look at a GVP A530 purchased here on AmiBay :)

Nice video! You could use a SCSI2SD adapter as a quiet and much less massive alternative to an old HD.

Nice work.

The units shipped with a 68EC030 40MHz CPU, optional 68882, and supported 1/2/4/8MB of SIMM32 (you have the max). I can't recall if they would support 50Mhz clocking (with rated CPU parts) or not, but you may get a bit more than 40Mhz. SCSI2SD works nice on the interface. I've heard of others having to replace the relay at some point. You were generally correct on the reason for the relay. The CPU/HD unit needs to be fully ready before the A500 tries to start, so the relay holds the A500 in reset for a short delay, if I recall the design correctly, and then the A530 steals the CPU bus (like a DMA controller) and simply doesn't give it back to the 68000. The 68030 takes over, and away things go.

If you run with a SCSI2SD, you can opt for a lower speed fan. The fan was there because the CPU plus the heat from a classic spinning HD needed the airflow.

Enjoy.

Thanks!

From what I could find out, there was a 50 MHz version (although I've never seen a 50 MHz label on the cover), but that it likely used different PAL/GAL chips and it's not recommended to just overclock an original 40 MHz unit. You would know best I suppose :) In any case, I think I'll just keep this at the original specs.

I've got an ACard SCSI to SATA adapter housing I could use, but I think it's overkill for this unit. Probably one of the SCSI2SD boards will do nicely.

Back
Top Bottom