resistance is futile! Amibayer! roy_bates's Avatar
    Country
    england
    Region:
    birmingham
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

Default cm8833 mk1 repair and service

this is just for feedback purposes and clarity within the forum(as the request was in a completed post) so thought this wise to save a bit of confusion that may arise

this is for the repair and service of a cm8833 mk1 thats pretty dead basically,so far it has lopt failure is the main issue(initial inspection shows it has indeed failed)
    it was dropped round to me by user rdlr72 aka,richard..nice to meet you by the way,and a new member here,welcome
    as this is your first encounter here,i want to make it as pleasant as possible

ill order the parts in a while,so i think ill have to wait a few days for the parts,but im confident ill get it working again

roy
    Last edited by roy_bates; 19th May 2018 at 14:03.
    i have got too much hardware,it would only hurt your eyes to look at it here

Country
    england
    Region:
    birmingham
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

this is now working

it had lopt failure,basically the usual suspects

it has been replaced and the hot transistor,it had loads of cold solder joints etc,not much else to say,it works

ill let richard know this can be picked up anytime he wishes,again any problems let me know

Country
    england
    Region:
    birmingham
    Feedback
    102 (100%)

a small update to this thread as there was a couple of concerns i needed to clear up with richard ill speak to him in pm as well as i couldnt test the ttl port at the time of repair as i didnt have or find a cable for it for some reason so i made one,so i have a concern about a possible cable issue or worse

i have tested all the ports and they do work,only one port didnt work properly during repair and it was easy to fix,but it wasnt the port that was mentioned

plus,i thought it necessary to adjust the electron guns slightly as green was a bit more visable in the black spectrum,i think thats about it
    Last edited by roy_bates; 27th May 2018 at 14:40.