VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
And so the clear out continues :(

May I present the very last BetaGamma Computing Hot-rodded BBC Model B 64K which I will be selling as I am moving to Greece very soon.

Cosmetically this machine is Very Good, there is 1 minor chip (please see the photos), the function key strip is clean and fully intact, there are no School markings and the case still has it's trademark cream colouring.
The keyboard is in superb condition, very responsive, clean and has also been refurbished.

It's an Issue 3 (upgraded board), it's in very good condition, lovingly cleaned and restored.
It is also fitted with the std Acorn 8271 Floppy Disc Interface which provides 100% compatibility with all Acorn BBC Model B software formats.

64K RAM you ask, Well the system has 32K RAM as std but I have modified the board and added 32K Sideways RAM as Banks F & B. similar use as to the Master series, An Optional IDE Interface can also use this RAM for ADFS with no USER Memory loss, ie PAGE=&E00

The mainboard has the std 16K v1.20 MOS ROM but also a custom 64K ROM in addition that holds.

1 Acorn Basic 2
2 Acorn 8271 DFS, includes form & verify & support for some older 3.5" drives
3 Acorn Graphics Extension ROM, Provides enhanced capabilities.
4 Advanced ROM Manager --- For Sideways RAM Housekeeping + more very useful tools

So in total 80K ROM firmware out of the box.

And...............you still have 2 Empty ROM sockets left for whatever else you would like to plug in.

This upgrade is non obtrusive & invisible, it does not use any xtra boards.

Optionally A BetaGamma Computing IDE Interface can also be included, fitted internally, with a preloaded Card fitted, system ready to plug in and go.
The CF Card holds a 512MB ADFS Partition and includes Games, Music, System Utilities as well as configurations for E00ADFS and MMC drivers.
CF Card is easily Backed up or updated using a PC / MAC CF reader and either ADFS Explorer or the image mounted via BeebEM for full setup and test.
Full Technical support and updates are available as this is a current supported product.

The Power Supply has been fully refurbished as has the whole machine & all ports tested except UHF output..

A Resource CD is also included with Full Software Library, all required Tools & Manuals as well as resources and backups for the IDE Interface and CF Card Hard disk images.

Asking £70 UKP & p&p of £12. via UKMAIL Next Day for the UK... Ship to EU Welcome
:smile:

Buyer to pay Fees or paypal gift.

IDE Interface Option as described above is £50 and includes an additional 16K ROM to provide ADFS 1.33 used by the built in IDE Controller.
MMC Interface Option - Add an MMC Interface for £20, You can then use Cassette, Roms, Floppys, IDE HD and MMC
:-D

Any questions please fire away.

TC
:-D

Attachments

• DSC02459.jpg
    DSC02459.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02460.jpg
    DSC02460.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02464.jpg
    DSC02464.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02465.jpg
    DSC02465.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02466.jpg
    DSC02466.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02463.jpg
    DSC02463.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC02462.jpg
    DSC02462.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 3
Iain! I was under the impression you were thinning out the collection!?

I’m weak, what can I say ;/

it might mean in a few months i pass on my master.. I’m just 8 bit now ... !:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom