Closed Commodore 64 Shift-Lock Mechanism (Round, All-Black Type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Stockton-On-Tees
Hi,

I'm looking out for a shift-lock mechanism in working condition for an early Commodore 64. This is the round type (see image), which is attached to the keyboard with two long yellow wires. The keyboard won't have any springs underneath the keys, except for the space bar. No other type will fit. If someone has one for sale or one they'd be willing to sell, please let me know!

image-347.jpg

Many thanks,

Adam

Still desperately looking for one of these!

This is the type used on all C64 keyboards that don't have springs underneath the keys, but instead have rubber plungers on the PCB. I believe that this is true of all C64s with orange function keys, and many of the later ones with grey function keys.
The same type is also used on VIC-20 keyboards with orange function keys, so if anyone has a spare please let me know!

The two yellow wires can be desoldered or clipped, and the mechanism removed through the front of the keyboard by pulling the two tabs inwards with a pair of tweezers.

Capture.jpg

Still desperately looking for one of these!

It doesn't matter how desperate you are - you should only bump every 14 days as per the rules.

Don't do it again :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom