A4000TX ATX Amiga motherboard

Excellent!

re fans, I can recommend the AMC6821. Made a small board for my Amy build for temp-controlled PWM. I'm assuming otherwise it'd just be headers?

wow impressive! Keep it up

I'd suggest leaving the needed signal points for the 64MB memory hack handy (TH machine pin). I have personally replaced the A3000's ZIP RAM socket zone with the 16MB DRAM PCB on machine pin headers, and honestly, a PCB that has the GAL (for the different memory matrix type, and/or additional addressing) and space for 64MB of SMC DRAM on it is the better solution if one is going to just max the memory and be done with it. When building such, one leaves the sockets off the motherboard and the 64MB (or larger) memory PCB is inserted into them and also to the (proposed) spare address lines. It can sit safely below any accelerator on simple machine pin header pins (soldered in). This would minimize the need to go additional layers, too.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. The plan is to add 112MB Fast RAM hack to the rev 2.0 without additional boards but do you guys know if these hacks (64MB or 112MB) have incompatibility issues with some hardware or software? Either I could hardwire the hack to the board or make it toggleable via a jumper.

As the latest picture I posted, the board is quite dense with traces so adding more features to the board will require more space than what I can get with 4 layers using the current form factor. I'd rather do a board that has all planned features integrated on the motherboard itself than adding features with extra boards.

This really is impressive. Tempted to buy a PCB though I have too many projects to build it at the moment. Will you do another run even if you don't do a v2?

i really like this project and as other people said i'd like to build one of those one day. So do you have considered to sell the boards and/or some motherboards kits or to pubblicly distribute the schemes and the bill of materials, firmware and what's needed to build one of those by our self?

Great Work!

Great Work!

I'm interested in one of these boards. Start a kickstarter, share this with amiga facebook groups. You will get a lot of buyers.

Definitely interested once the final version is released... this one will probably only take half the time it took me to build the Alice 4000+, since you used resistor networks instead of all the birdseed stuff :)

Reqly interested too by one board

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

i really like this project and as other people said i'd like to build one of those one day. So do you have considered to sell the boards and/or some motherboards kits or to pubblicly distribute the schemes and the bill of materials, firmware and what's needed to build one of those by our self?

At the moment I'm still gathering cash by selling the prototype PCBs here on Amibay so I can fund the first batch of rev 1.1 PCBs.

I will be selling only blank PCBs and provide the BOM, firmware, etc. so people can assemble the boards themselves.

I will be selling only blank PCBs and provide the BOM, firmware, etc. so people can assemble the boards themselves.

I assume AGA Alice and Lisa chips are required. Are these source-able without cannibalizing other Amigas (A4000/A1200/CD32)?

Are there other difficult to source chips on the BOM?

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. The plan is to add 112MB Fast RAM hack to the rev 2.0 without additional boards but do you guys know if these hacks (64MB or 112MB) have incompatibility issues with some hardware or software? Either I could hardwire the hack to the board or make it toggleable via a jumper.

As the latest picture I posted, the board is quite dense with traces so adding more features to the board will require more space than what I can get with 4 layers using the current form factor. I'd rather do a board that has all planned features integrated on the motherboard itself than adding features with extra boards.

I am using the 64MB Hack at the min as I haven't got round to doing 112MB yet. I have not found any issues with it.

The good thing with the 112MB one is you only need one or two simm sockets. This would free up a bit of space.

Hello.
I wanted to find out about this project.
I hope it is doing well.
Is the production board near its release date?
Also, is this the main project site?
I look to buy one this or next year.
Congratulations.

Last edited:
hese wrote above (post #91) that he wants to sell the prototype boards before moving on with the project.

I'm definitely interested in building this once the 1.1 boards are out. It was a lot of fun building the Alice 4000+, and this one looks to be considerably easier to construct with the use of resistor networks versus all the birdseed!

Thanks Tim. and etep.
How would you rate the protoboard?
Does it appear to be stable, etc?

I look forward to purchase a final board once available. Is there a way to make/purchase a backplate for this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom