Not open for further replies.

damanloox

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
IE
Region
Dublin
- Amiga 600 "for parts". It has been rather badly recapped. Boots and works but gives cracking noises and the video is also not the best. Floppy works - both writing and reading. Keyboard works. Has genuine AF Kickstart. Yellowed as per photos. Also included original tank mouse (very yellow). Power supply not included. Asking 70 Euro or nearest offer. Buyer covers postage, paypal "friends and family" only.

Price drop: 50 Euro now.
Note - this is "for parts" - assume it doesn't work. But I think keyboard, case and floppy are worth 50 Euro.

Everything below is sold.

- Genuine Workbench 3.1 with CF card and the adapter + additional IDE to SD adapter + RAM upgrade from AmigaKit. All brand new, never used. Asking 40 Euro + postage. PP friends and family.

- Amiga 600 case in very good condition (see photos and comparison to yellowed A600). Side clips OK, 3 out of 4 rear clips OK (1 broken). Screws included. Asking 40 euro or nearest offer.

All the stuff above is in Ireland so ask for postage cost as it may be expensive (except UK where it will probably will be "acceptable")
EDIT: Mega Drive expansion slot protector is _not included_ in any of these sales. It's on the photos to cover serial numbers.

EDIT: recap story
The new caps were polymer capacitors, the problem was that 3 pads in total were lifted (one pad C822, one pad on the 22u cap near C237 and one pad on C383 - as far as I remember). None of the pads detached/broke from the traces - just lifted from the board. I checked conductivity and they were all OK so the capacitors were soldered on those pads and it all looked OK. All remaining caps/pads are perfectly fine. But it looks like something went wrong anyway (ie. that cracking sound and slightly noisy video). It could be my crappy tv (I'm using composite) but again - assume something is wrong. The machine boots, reads floppies, plays games etc. - but the sound is not crystal clear and video is also a bit noisy.

IMG_20200805_192106.jpgIMG_20200805_192052.jpgIMG_20200805_192044.jpgIMG_20200805_190935.jpgIMG_20200805_190920.jpgIMG_20200805_190821.jpgIMG_20200805_190032.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_080551.jpg
    IMG_20200806_080551.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@damanloox

You need to add a proof of ownership photograph as per the rules https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?354-Please-read-me-before-posting

"If you have a post count of less than 50 and/or a feedback score of less than ten (...)"

damanloox:

I wish whoever wrote the rules paid attention to logical operators as it is not crystal clear to me. Not sure how to interpret "and/or" operator so assumed OR (and I clearly have more than 50 posts)
Anyway - photo added.

Last edited:
Bad recapping should be a crime under international law lol. That red "do not remove plastic" is a Mega Drive expansion slot protector. Anyone else notice that?

Yes - it is Mega Drive protector. It's just to "protect" serial numbers from... people who see too much.
As for bad recapping - well... There's a lot of other things which should be a crime under international law. That includes spamming other threads.

Next in line,

Declaring interest in
Genuine Workbench 3.1 with CF card and the adapter + additional IDE to SD adapter + RAM upgrade from AmigaKit.
and
Amiga 600 case in very good condition

Amiga still available, price drop to 50 Euro.
Note this is "for parts" only - assume it doesn't work. I think floppy, keyboard and case are worth it anyway.

@PRS: not sure if you're getting my messages but please have a look at you inbox (and send me your phone - required for the courier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom