Sold JoyFi - a wireless adapter for joysticks (Amiga, C64, Atari)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bos

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Västergötland
This is joyFi v1.0, a joystick-adapter that lets you play games using joysticks wireless-ly; hook the joysticks to the master-board, sit in a sofa 10 metres away from the slave-board that's connected to the computer, and play. No more hassle with cables. The unit has been tested successfully at 8 meters between the units, and in theory it should work up to 15 meters.

Guaranteed tested and confirmed 100% working on any Amiga, Atari and Commodore 64. The adapter should, in theory, work on VIC20 as well, but this has not yet been tested. This version has no support for mice or paddles.

The master board requires a 9V battery (not included).

279 SEK for an assembled unit, or 199 SEK for a kit which you solder yourself (instructions provided).
Worldwide shipping 38 SEK.

EDIT: There are 15 units left in stock (2017-04-28)

Attachments

• joyfi_v1.0-4.jpg
    joyfi_v1.0-4.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1
  • joyfi_v1.0-3.jpg
    joyfi_v1.0-3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1
  • joyfi_v1.0-2.jpg
    joyfi_v1.0-2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 1
  • joyfi_v1.0-1.jpg
    joyfi_v1.0-1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Will this support all CD32 controller buttons?
Probably not. I have not had access to a CD32-controller during the development so that's unconfirmed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Any plans to release the sources in the near future?

Is the firmware open source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As I do this for a living, I can't release anything too early. My usual workflow is to sell off a whole first batch and then, if I decide to develop whatever-it-is further, I release the old schematics / sources etc.

In this case around 60 units has to be sold until I release anything, so it depends on how many buyers I can attract. Probably won't happen in the "near" future, but one never knows.

How is the lag? Delay between transmission to receive, did you measure its performance compared to cable transmission?

How is the lag? Delay between transmission to receive, did you measure its performance compared to cable transmission?
The latency is about 6 milliseconds.

Payment sent yesterday.

I had been thinking about doing a project like this. I look forward to seeing how well yours works! :)

Heather

Hi. Could it be sold in some sort of casing?

Envoyé de mon Tab2A7-20F en utilisant Tapatalk

Casing is not available at the moment, but it's planned.

My package has arrived! I'll assemble it this week then leave feedback. Thanks so much!

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom