AA3000+ Amiga 3000 AGA motherboard

Will PCI PPC-cards fit physically in the Firebird slot? If someone should program support for these cards for the Prometheus/Firebirds.

Yes, they fit and are recognised by prmscan and openpciinfo. At the moment the sonnet library (PowerPC.library) only works on Mediator.

Will PCI PPC-cards fit physically in the Firebird slot? If someone should program support for these cards for the Prometheus/Firebirds.

Three things need to happen for that someone.

1) A rewrite of the PowerPC.library.
2) A modification to the prometheus library.
3) Hardware to develop on.

I have my AA3000+ in a 3000 case and I thought I’d see if my spare GVP ZorroII scsi card works. It’s the only full length zorro card I have lying around.

Spot the problem!

has anyone else who’s mounted their board in a 3000 case noticed a similar problem with full length zorro cards?

I don't really see the problem. Doesn't the connector align the slot? The Prisma seems so fit well. Or is it the Altera that's in the way?

Three things need to happen for that someone.

1) A rewrite of the PowerPC.library.
2) A modification to the prometheus library.
3) Hardware to develop on.

So are you actually saying "dream on"? Or is there hope, when e.g. you have some Prometheus hardware at your disposal.

Last edited:
The problem is the card is full length, so it’s physically as far towards the front of the machine as it will go (and sitting in the plastic guides) and it’s also right at the back in the bracket housing. It can’t be moved forwards or backwards and the zorro connector does not align with the zorro slot.

thing is I don’t know if it’s just this particular card which is the problem as it was designed for the A1500 and A2000, which is why I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue with other full length cards

Last edited:
Ah I see. So, are you saying the zorro slots are aligned slightly different on the firebird DB then on a standard A3000 DB? Or wouldn't this zorro card fit in a plain A3000 either?

Last edited:
I have a cv64 in mine and it fits just fine.

Overall very happy with the system, sadly not using a single PCI card yet.

Mine has CV64, Ariandne, Prelude, Drawing pad interface card.

The only issue I had was getting the accelerator to run reliable. The screw holes to mount the cpu cards are very slight off and you can't actually screw them down (at least on mine) tried multiple cpu cards all had same issue. I was able to get one mount to screw down by playing with the MB mounting in the case. Now it runs reliable. No issues.

Ah I see. So, are you saying the zorro slots are aligned slightly different on the firebird DB then on a standard A3000 DB? Or wouldn't this zorro card fit in a plain A3000 either?

That's what I'm trying to ascertain. I expect Hese's mesaurements are perfect and the alignment of his motherboard and the firebird in a 3000 case is identical to a normal 3000, but without another full length card I cannot be certain, hence why I'm asking here in case other people have encountered a similar issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a cv64 in mine and it fits just fine.

Overall very happy with the system, sadly not using a single PCI card yet.

Mine has CV64, Ariandne, Prelude, Drawing pad interface card.

The only issue I had was getting the accelerator to run reliable. The screw holes to mount the cpu cards are very slight off and you can't actually screw them down (at least on mine) tried multiple cpu cards all had same issue. I was able to get one mount to screw down by playing with the MB mounting in the case. Now it runs reliable. No issues.

Good info, thanks. these are what i've tested:

PCI - Voodoo 3, Voodoo 5, Realtek 10 and 100 MBit NICS - all work ok.

Accelerators - Warp Engine, Cyberstorm Mk2 and A3640 accelerators - all work perfectly.

SCSI - SCSI2SD v5 and v6 plus Acard 7720UW all work perfectly.

Zorro - Prisma Megamix works fine, Deneb works fine.

Firebird PCI daughtercard for A4000 desktop

Firebird PCI daughtercard for A4000 desktop

Sorry for newbie question but is it avaiable a version of the Firebird PCI daughtercard suitable for use on a A4000 desktop?
Because I've read on this thread that It cannot work as it is on A4000D...
Thanks for any answer or suggestion

Last edited:
I am currently working on the A4000D PCI daughterboard.

That's a great news!!!! Thank you and many compliments for your precious work for Amiga :)
I will buy certainly at least two when it will be ready :bounceBoingBall::bounceBoingBall::bounceBoingBall::bounceBoingBall:

What is the latest status of this project? Can one order a fully populated board?

What is the difference between the Amiga AA3000 and the Amiga 3000 Plus?

According to the links below, the AA3000 is a reduced version, and the Plus version has more features, but I wonder what features, and how much bigger the motherboard is?

http://ftp.bambi-amiga.co.uk/amigahistory/prototypes/a3000plus.html

https://bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=23

Are there plans for an Amiga 3000 Plus motherboard?

I got my ZZ9000 today

it worked perfectly in the AA3000+ (with firestorm firmware), no issues with Z3 mode using the beta firmware zz9000 firmeware release back in Apr I think. I haven’t had to put a zorram in there to change any address spaces as reported as a possible workaround on the zz9000 FB group, and zz9000 happily sits at address 40000000 and firestorm at 60000000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom