GBA1000 rev4 Build Log

https://www.ebay.com/itm/128pins-PG...705812?hash=item3a5174b394:g:N20AAMXQOQdRHohc

I'll check and see if I have a spare. If I do, its all yours for the cost of shipping. PM me.

- - - Updated - - -

I found most of the missing parts on Ebay and Mouser. Just went searching for the backordered parts on Mouser and found acceptable replacements. The big issue was that I had to buy lots of 100 for some of the parts when I ordered them off Ebay. I have extras all over the place. I will do an inventory in the next week to see what extra parts I have. I found the Trimmer pot (R26) but it was only 3 pole. If you look at the board, the 3 holes to the left of the trimmer pot are all connected together so a 3 pole should work. The 1-5pF (C59) and 5-40pF (C80) were found on Ebay and shipped from Bulgaria.

I have not been able to program the Lattice chip yet. Still waiting to hear from someone in regards to how to program the Lattice chip. I can make the adaptor, but I lack the proper software to actually write the chip.

Last edited:
It would be nice. I miss few parts and it need time to find them all. Mouser has a few parts but is very expensive in shipment. so I search also in ebay. Thanks for the socket link, I will ordering !!

Do the ebay guy from bulgaria with the trimmer have more of them ? :) ?

Thanks, I also found 2 in ebay. How many A need the 150OHM ferrite 1206 ? 300mA okay? Hart to find. Only by mouser or digikey but the shipment is very expansive

I want to make a point about the GAL chips. They seem to be burn once chips. I bought a few "used" ones off ebay and only a couple were usable. The others already had been written and could not be erased. Be sure to get NEW GAL chips. Just my $0.02

Proper GAL chips are definitely re-writable. But I have also had bad experiences with random eBay chips, they seem to identify as the right type but programming doesn't actually take. Probably failed chips or even entirely fake/remarked ones.

Does anyone have a lattice ISP1024 chip for sale? I need a programmed one. Thanks!

I have bought one chip in ebay. I also bought the programmer from china. The ISP you can buy from China and also the programmer.

Is there an description available to program them ?

Hi Icepick, did you find a programmed isp1024? I bought the programmer and has built my own adapter. After some trouble it looks that the programmer works fine. My board reach nearly 95%. So I hope I can test it in latest 2 weeks :)
If someone need, I can share which programmer I used and which steps are needed to get it work. But first I have to verify if the ISP really works after flashing :)

Last edited:
That would be fantastic! I have my board complete minus the Lattice chip. I cannot test until I get it programmed. Please share the information if you can. I would even be willing to purchase a programmed chip from you if you want.

Danke..:)

That would be fantastic! I have my board complete minus the Lattice chip. I cannot test until I get it programmed. Please share the information if you can. I would even be willing to purchase a programmed chip from you if you want.

Danke..:)

Okay, I had ordered 3 more devices in China, I hope they will come soon. When I receive them I will prepare one for you, but I have to check how much it will cost to send the chip to US.

Did you know where I can buy the Zorro Slot ? I couldnt find it,

i have programmed a isp with my pc via lpt, but don't remeber the schematic and the software and i need program another for my second gba1000

i need verify if i have for sale a Zorro slot

than I will get one :) Today I finished my board, but it wouldnt start. The power LED is on and the parts get normal temperatur, but the display stays black :-( Actual I dont know how I can debug this. I reprogram the GAL´s without effect....I connect the monitor by 23pin out.

if xtal 50mhz you need remove jumper or resistor, i don't remember, verify or test with 40mhz

if xtal 50mhz you need remove jumper or resistor, i don't remember, verify or test with 40mhz

what do you mean with xtal? I have 50Mhz CPU and 50MHz oszillator and also test with 100MHz with no effect. When Ram has cold solder will the board also not start ?

I have found that 8 of 16 moduls will not have 1.70V when power on. 8 will have 1.70V but the other 8 it is missing. I am an idiot, I assembled all RAM modules in 2 sessions.....:eek:

what do you mean with xtal? I have 50Mhz CPU and 50MHz oszillator and also test with 100MHz with no effect. When Ram has cold solder will the board also not start ?

I have found that 8 of 16 moduls will not have 1.70V when power on. 8 will have 1.70V but the other 8 it is missing. I am an idiot, I assembled all RAM modules in 2 sessions.....:eek:

Okay, I found my fault. The 1.7V are not real voltage. By lattice was one socket pin not 100% soldered. Finished I get an yellow screen and the power LED is blinking 10 times before reboot. Any one experiance with that issue ?

Thanks in advance !!

Last edited:
parts list

parts list

Hi Everyone, is there a " current " BOM for the GBA1000. I found a BOM near the beginning of this thread but don't know if it's current.

Hey everyone. I must move on from my GBA project. I have not successfully gotten my board to run. I am looking to sell the project as is with 2 amiga 1000 power supplies. Make me a reasonable offer if you want to pick it up. PM me if you want to make an offer or want more information. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I must move on from my GBA project. I have not successfully gotten my board to run. I am looking to sell the project as is with 2 amiga 1000 power supplies. Make me a reasonable offer if you want to pick it up. PM me if you want to make an offer or want more I do. Thanks!!

Hi
How far are you with the Board? All soldered or some not? Pictures? Why it is not working ? Interested in the Board no PS.
Regards

Back
Top Bottom