For Sale The new PLA substitute - PLAnkton, the new batch is here!

Just wanted to mention that installing PLAnkton stabilized one of my 250407 motherboards that was having trouble with 1541 Ultimate II+, but was fine in all other things. Even another known-good PLA didn't help. Not sure if this is due to more precise PLA timing, or less electrical loading, but it did the trick.

Just wanted to mention that installing PLAnkton stabilized one of my 250407 motherboards that was having trouble with 1541 Ultimate II+, but was fine in all other things. Even another known-good PLA didn't help. Not sure if this is due to more precise PLA timing, or less electrical loading, but it did the trick.
PLAnkton mimics the response speed (latency) of an 'ideal' N82S100 so this may be of help but I can't tell for sure.

Item arrived today.

Just as described. Work perfectly.

Seller is a true asset to the community.

Positive Feedback left.

Thank you.

Item arrived today.

Just as described. Work perfectly.

Seller is a true asset to the community.

Positive Feedback left.

Thank you.
Positive feedback returned! Thank you for your positive comment! I'm glad you like'em! Spread the word!

Interested in 1 unit. Thin pins. Thanks!
PM received and replied. I'm sorry I have to refuse your order as I am presently flooded with large orders.

... never thought I would to say that to a potential customer!!!

No worries! Hope you get those out on the market asap, people are waiting for them ;)

Wanna buy one piece

Wanna buy one piece

A new generation of PLA for the C64 is now available; PLAnkton is a new substitute for the C64 PLA U17 part no. 906114-01 or 251064-01.

A few years ago, a PLA based on the Xilinx XC9536 appeared in the Commodore community. This circuit is now out of production and has been for quite some time.

The new generation of CPLD which replaces this circuit is the XC9536XL which runs at a lower voltage and has more features built-in.

Fredric Blaholtz aka E5frog has created a new VHDL code for the XC9536XL which includes a sophisticated chain reaction delay to ensure full compatibility with all versions of the C64 and exploits the built-in slew rate control and low power mode of this modern IC. The result is a PLA that is fully compatible with all C64 boards except assy 250469 and all C64 cartridges including, FastLoad, Super Zaxxon, 1541 Ultimate I and II and consumes only 20mA - one fifth the power of an original Commodore PLA and produces absolutely no heat. It is equipped with gold plated pins to ensure the highest reliability and longevity.

This new PLA, when compared to the SuperPLA V3, proves to be 100% compatible with older boards Assy 326298 as well as all C64 cartridges including Epyx FastLoad, consumes one third the power and costs 30% less. Its also smaller and won't cause physical conflict with the SID nearby on older boards.

Meet PLAnkton:
View attachment 130875

I certify the circuit used in the product to be a genuine Xilinx product purchased from an authorized distributor.

The price tag for this product is 17.25$US (or 16 Euros) per unit, shipping a small packet (up to 12 units) to the US is 8$. Shipping cost for Australia/NZ and South America is 10$US, Europe is 8 Euros.

Get PLAnkton at it's older price: 13 Euros or 14.50$US per unit
Add one or more TOLB to your order and get 10% discount, that's 11.70 Euros or 13.05$US per unit!

The product is strictly shipped with anti-static protective packaging. It is covered by a 90 days money back guarantee and a 3 year replacement guarantee afterwards.

I now distribute this product worldwide!

* TESTED SUCESSFULLY AND FOUND TO BE 100% COMPATIBLE WITH THE C64r BOARD!

Features and characteristics:
- Costs 30% less than the SuperPLA V3
- Draws only 20mA - 1/5 the power of an original Commodore PLA - 1/3 the power of the Super PLA V3 or the same as a small green LED
- Produces no discernable heat
- Designed to produce electrical signals of EXACTLY the same voltages as a genuine Commodore PLA and reaction speed
- 100% compatible with ALL C64 mainboards 326298, KU-14194, 250407, 250425, SX-64, 250466 (NOT compatible with board 250469)
- 100% compatible with ALL C64 cartridges including Epyx FastLoad, 1541 Ultimate I & II, Super Zaxxon, Easy Flash 1 and 3
- Made only using currently available genuine Xilinx circuits purchased from an authorized distributor
- Gold plated pins for best reliability and longevity
- Each individual units fully tested before shipping
- Shipped in antistatic protective material
- covered by a 90 days money back guarantee and a 3 year replacement guarantee afterwards

ADDED EDIT: I have noted some more expensive competing products come with a resistor and capacitor to adjust the DRAM CAS latency - no such components are required with PLAnkton as it will work well on ALL Commodore 64 regardless of the presence or not of R42 and C204

2400 units sold!

Also, customers ordering 10 units or more get a 25% discount. Customers ordering 5 units or more get a 20% discount.
TOLB discount does not apply to these quantity discounts.

If you want 25 units or more, please contact me for distribution pricing.
---

Thicker pins for weakened sockets available

A few people have indicated they have a worn and/or weakened U17/PLA socket. For this reason, I have decided to offer a variant of PLAnkton which uses a very different type of pins.

The pins equipping PLAnkton are normally 0.018" (0.46mm) to ensure they do not cause extra wear on your socket. They are also gold plated to ensure the best possible contact.

I now offer for an extra 5$US or 4.5 Euros fitting your PLAnkton with 0.024" (0.61mm) pins with a thicker gold plating. The pins are also slightly shorter to make them more resilient.

These pins are based on product ED7564-ND sold by Digikey. If you calculate the price per pin of these strips, you'll realize I effectively sell them for the same price I pay.

The price for PLAnkton with thick pins is therefore 22.25$US or 20.50 Euros. 19.50$US or 17.50 Euros!

See photo below.

--- UPDATE! --- Aug. 11th 2019
PLAnkton is now 4 years old!

How much does shipping will cost to The Netherlands ?
I wanna order one around the 2nd of march , how do we arrange this ?

Greetz Gregory

Hey, i wanna order 1 piece Plankton for the C64
What does it total coast inlcuding schipping,
To the nederlands ? how can we arrange this ?
I want to buy it next week !
Let me hear from you ...please

Dexter

Heeeey i wanna buy one piece of the PLAnkton
Do you have an socket for it aswell ?
What will be the total inlc. Schipping to schip to the Netherlands. Please let me know ... how do we arrange this , i am new on Amibay

Heeeey i wanna buy one piece of the PLAnkton
Do you have an socket for it aswell ?
What will be the total inlc. Schipping to schip to the Netherlands. Please let me know ... how do we arrange this , i am new on Amibay
Wow! Wait a minute here!!

1. You left me a seller's feedback without even buying anything from me.

2. As I indicated to everyone who contacted me by PM or e-mail, I can't get parts from China right now so everything is on hold.

Please take it easy, remain calm and patience will reward you within the next 2 weeks.

Thank you for your understanding.

Back
Top Bottom