Replacing a A3000 powersupply

Nice result! I have a similar project waiting in the distant future. I tried to resurrect my A3000 PSU by replacing the capacitors but the problem seems to be somewhere else. I already bought a nice ATX adapter cable from amigakit.

I think the biggest challenge is to find a small enough and correct shape PSU that fits inside the A3000 case or the original PSU..

Why that? The original PSU is very easy to repair. usually you need to replace both power transistors, 2 small electrolitic capacitors and 2 2.2ohms resistors. Total repair cost 3 euros.

Oh wow. Inspired by this discussion I took another look at my A3000 PSU. I noticed at least one regulator's solder joints had failed. I resoldered those and poked a few other solder joints. I connected the fan and a 3.5" HD and the PSU seems to work! Previously when turning it on the fan only nudged a bit. I guess I will have to put together my A3000 this weekend..

Why you do this ? High quality amiga psu replace
for this ****

Last edited:
@Arananet: great job there! Been there before, but i actually took it a step further, by replicating the psu chassis:
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?17790-A3000-restoration&p=197224&viewfull=1#post197224

That's awesome man! congratulations!

- - - Updated - - -

Why that? The original PSU is very easy to repair. usually you need to replace both power transistors, 2 small electrolitic capacitors and 2 2.2ohms resistors. Total repair cost 3 euros.
Indeed, but someone try already to repair it and send to the owner without some parts, missing parts, so the owner send me the nonworking powersupply and by his request, I put the new one inside.

But, if an amiga 3000 is working again with a new power supply, what's the problem? the important thing is that the a3000 is working again, no matter if with a new psu or the original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom