Closed Scale Arcade Cabinet Models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad love the Arcade cabs Models as he thought it was (y) because he used to work in Arcade back in the 90`s :D

I am no longer making models out of balsa wood, im now using american 'bass wood' which gives a cleaner cut and a better finish, apart from being a more expensive wood it is also harder to cut which makes modelling take longer but it will be worth it as my models will look better. The cost in wood means a rise in prices.

Still taking pre-orders (payment required in advance)

I am no longer making models out of balsa wood, im now using american 'bass wood' which gives a cleaner cut and a better finish, apart from being a more expensive wood it is also harder to cut which makes modelling take longer but it will be worth it as my models will look better. The cost in wood means a rise in prices.

Still taking pre-orders (payment required in advance)

Hi, Can you tell me what scale your cabs are?. Also an indication of there size in cm would be good to.

Bass wood sounds like they will be awesome, how much do you charge for these models?.

The scale is about the size of a pepsi can,i haven't yet completed a model out of bass wood as its harder to cut and takes longer but looks better than balsa so I haven't thought about pricing yet.

@subzero

Have you thought about using plasticard ?

You can get it in a range of thicknesses (0.2mm to 3mm) and from translucent to opaque. Its very easy to cut and tool and its finish is great.

I used to use a lot of this when I made diorama's for WarGaming and Role Playing games - I used a lot of styrene glues / super glues and acetone to get the work and finish I wanted

i.e.

Two 1mm thick sheets of Plasticard 9"x12" £2.99 + £1.45 Postage (eBay.co.uk BIN)

If I remember correctly; back in the day when model shops sold these sheets I would print out my designs for buildings / vehicles etc on my bubblejet BJC400 from my Amiga use spray adhesive to the plasticard and virtually cut it out as it was, then rub-off the paper with cloth and water.... used a small construct usually coat hanger wire and glued / epoxed and sanded the structure ready for paiting...

lots of fun =)

The scale is about the size of a pepsi can,i haven't yet completed a model out of bass wood as its harder to cut and takes longer but looks better than balsa so I haven't thought about pricing yet.

Let me when you get an idea on pricing for the Bass wood models, id be interested in getting some.

Its hard work making them from bass wood! my hands hurt!!! however they are heavier, sturdier and better looking, im half way through my first one, prices would probably be about £8 more than the balsa models....

Do you have any blueprints (or anything to go by) for a Ridge Racer / Sega Rally / Daytona USA or OutRun sit-down machine(s)?
I know it's a bit late asking but I would be interested. :)

not really, if i can do a starwars sitdown....really all i need is some good artwork and i can scale it down quite easily and make it!

I received my Bubble Bobble machine and I love it. Next step is the full size version. ;)
He also chucked in a Robotron 2084 cab and a Robocop Pinball replica. Awesome stuff. Thanks very much mate. :D

not really, if i can do a starwars sitdown....really all i need is some good artwork and i can scale it down quite easily and make it!
Il have a hunt about if I can find some good snaps, failing that il look at the local machine and take some myself.

I've made a template for after burner full sitdown but haven't tackled it yet, made it outta paper instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom