Best looking C64C Ever

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Some of you guys know I just bought a C64 Light Fantastic pack (should be here tomorrow)

Before I found my boxed beauty I was in chat with a young lady who had a C64/printer and games. She wanted a lot of money for it (can't say price) but I figured with all the games and printer it was probs worth it. I was actually about to pay then I thought hell I better get a picture first:

Boy am I glad Amibay has taught me to always look at pictures first. If this turned up at my door I am not sure what I would have done.

Also is that chewing gum near the joystick?

Anyway I will post pics of my Light Fantastic when it gets here.

OMG! :wooha: Very lucky you got a pictures. You dodged a bullet there. (y)

Heather

Stuff you elitist bastards! That thing's got character! :)

Nah, just kidding. I swear some people think the word "retro" means "pile of garbage that some idiot is willing to pay top dollar for". :)

over the last few months trying to find a basic C64C set up, i have come across this so many times....

people seem to think if they just call it 'vintage' they can price it like a fully functioning 1928 Victrola, so few get the concept of 'collectability' and the varying grades of condition....

yes, in its original box in like-new condition its worth something, in clearly used but functional its worth another...in beat to hell but working its worth something else again....

then there's 'for parts'......

its much like card or comic collecting.....there are 'grades' to be considered......

and i love the 'but i paid $4000 in 1984' people......

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

case in point:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-64-Vi...690750&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=4497296766983142114

$160 BIN, not the right box/wrong machine.....box beat to hell....c'mon....

throw 'vintage' on and charge whatever the f you want, right....

Judging by the carpet the picture was probably taken in the 80's. Hate to think what the machine looks like now

That has certainly been through the wars and no mistake and she wanted a lot of money for too? :nuts:

Ewwww, old carpet, gum, the condition of that machine... god knows what the rest of the house is like, or personal hygiene for that matter :shock:

What you have there is a genuine battlefeild 1982 special edition! Quick, email her back!

Jim PM'd this picture to me last night.

I told him that I might have bid a token amount for the printer and not the 64, I also asked him if he wiped his feet on the way out.....:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom