My C64C Light Fantastic

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
My C64C arrived today. She needs some TLC but I think this will turn out to be a nice decent machine. It came with all the original stuff, all the paperwork/books etc as well.

List of jobs I want to do:
1. Find a Enter key with spring (can someone PM if they want to sell one please?)
2. Speak to Merlin about some Retr0bright. The case has no marks at all, it has the warranty sticker intact and the logo on the bottom still has the protective film on it. So with a clean this will look awesome.
3. Google around to see how I can run this, has a tape deck for now but I need to look into a disk drive or maybe you can run a CF card or HDD? I am unsure and not researched yet.
4. I have all the bits coming to set her up beside the miggy on my 22inch widescreen monitor.
5. All sorts of hardware addons I can find an afford.

I am quite happy with my Amiga's atm so I think this C64C will get some proper attention.

It is missing the 3d glasses, are these standard or anything, what colours? It comes will all the 3d games so wouldn't mind testing this side out. Also what joypads do these like? don't seem to like my megadrive one to much. (Fixed this seems I didn't have the pad pushed in enough)

Had it all tested out, straight away I remembered to hold down shift then run/stop to load instead of typing Load. The music during loading was awesome. Brings it all back this. WIP this machine, I want to get it back to its prime with easy game loading options.

Outer box is tatty, but the inner box and poly's are in great condition.

Pics:

i would guess due to the 1980s nature of this item the '3D Glasses' were little more than cardboard glasses with 1 piece of clear red plastic for 1 lens and clear blue (or possibly green) for the other....

Jim Brain's uIEC/SD reader will probably be the easiest to get, i believe he is out now, but i am guessing he does a few 'runs' of them a year, i got one back in July, works great, even on the VIC20....can be assigned any drive #, can run .d64s from it....

but i do think at least 1 1541/1571 should be in order in any case.

if you fire up one of the 3D games you should be able to tell, it'll likely look 'blurry' with 2 images being shown at the same time slightly offset from one another, one red and one blue (or green)

(the purpose of the clear plastic being that each eye can then only see 1 image, the eye covered by the clear red plastic can no longer see the red image, etc, to simulate 3D motion with the 'stereo' image)

(not entirely sure how it all works, but it has something to do with fooling with the way your eyes would naturally blend 'normal' images both eyes receive)

i never knew about a 3d pack, i'd go for a 1541 mk2 if you can i plan todo this as i use the mk 1 and it is starting to fail now still loads disks ok but with some strange noises creeping in

sent you a pm too (y)

Wow, I remember seeing the Light Fantastic Pack way back in the 80s. Lovely collection there Jimbo :cool:

Wow, I remember seeing the Light Fantastic Pack way back in the 80s. Lovely collection there Jimbo :cool:

Also thanks to everyone else. I am going to order the Ultimate II (thanks Heather)

I also have the Return key and spring coming. Big thanks to Jope from EAB

The case is going of to Merlin sometime next week for retr0bright. Will update pictures when Merlin has time to do his Magic :)

Might take a while for updates, I am sure Merlin is busy plus I still need to fund a few parts.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom