Viper 630 - Heatsink Mounting

Seaside

AmiBayer
Country
Greece
Region
Athens
After lots of hours playing with this fella i decided to give it a more descent cooling because after 30 mins. you can boil eggs if you like.

So i mounted some copper heatsinks from old Pc mods....

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 0
My friend, the crystal don't need a heatsink.

The 030, on the other side... Grab the largest hs you can fit on the board and a fan, if possible.

Nice one Seaside.
030 needs a nice heatsink + fan as Rogerio said since it gets hot. I remember that when I had the same Viper @ 42MHz.
The copper heatsinks are indeed awesome and I use it all the time (small ones + uber mini ones for mofset)

Dudes, stop scaring people with those heatsinks.

I own an Apollo 630 that i used to run with 2 fans as suggested the guy of the Extreme A600 site. It has become such a noisy computer that i couldn't stand to switch it on anymore.

Recently i have removed all those fans, and though the CPU gets hot, the computer can run fine for hours without problem.

Why would a 68030 need a fan? Do you stick heatsinks and fans on your Blizzard 1230?

The only thing that could be really dangerous for the 630 accelerators is puting the harddrive on top of it (the Apollo was meant like that according to the manual). As everyone has gone CF, no problem at all :)

Guys after 30 minutes even the crystal reminds hell.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Good !!

Where have you bought these copper heatsink ??

These are from Enzotech. I have more of them if you want some.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Nice one Seaside.
030 needs a nice heatsink + fan as Rogerio said since it gets hot. I remember that when I had the same Viper @ 42MHz.
The copper heatsinks are indeed awesome and I use it all the time (small ones + uber mini ones for mofset)

Mario some of your heatsinks in the photo are from Thermaltake. Though someones in the PPC (the tiny ones) are from Enzotech.

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

Dudes, stop scaring people with those heatsinks.

I own an Apollo 630 that i used to run with 2 fans as suggested the guy of the Extreme A600 site. It has become such a noisy computer that i couldn't stand to switch it on anymore.

Recently i have removed all those fans, and though the CPU gets hot, the computer can run fine for hours without problem.

Why would a 68030 need a fan? Do you stick heatsinks and fans on your Blizzard 1230?

The only thing that could be really dangerous for the 630 accelerators is puting the harddrive on top of it (the Apollo was meant like that according to the manual). As everyone has gone CF, no problem at all :)

We can't m8 because the trapdoor will be open. No hards drives and mechanical waste any more. CF,SD are OK.

Back
Top Bottom