PDA

View Full Version : For Sale AmigaOS 3.2 has been released

RetroPassion
14th May 2021, 21:26
Its official AmigaOS 3.2 has been released, we are awaiting stock to arrive and will be offering licenced bundles including a kickstart burn service.

Prices start from £12.99 for the AmigaOS 3.2 burn service and from £37.99 for a fully licenced AmigaOS 3.2 bundle which includes physical kickstart, we can also offered pre-configured CF cards (4GB, 8Gb, 16Gb, 32GB) with AmigaOS 3.2 installed.

Full details are on our website.

https://www.retropassion.co.uk/product-category/amigaos32/

Thanks!!!

miggymad
14th May 2021, 21:39
Sent you a PM :)

RetroPassion
14th May 2021, 22:01
Replied :-)

Sardine
14th May 2021, 22:41

please avoid statements like "PM Sent", use statements like "Interest Declared" and in which item / service your interested in.

thanks

miggymad
14th May 2021, 23:10
Already have a 1D4 mainboard with RP for recapping and 3.1.4 ROM upgrade. Sent PM to change the 3.1.4 ROMs to OS 3.2 instead

No harm, no foul :)

Sardine
16th May 2021, 10:22
great stuff.

would be interesting to know what is actually changed, is it just bug fixes or new features ??

can you still boot from a floppy disk without it complaining libraries are missing.

miggymad
16th May 2021, 15:32
@Sardine

Here you go matey, fill ya boots :D

https://www.hyperion-entertainment.com/index.php/news/1-latest-news/290-amigaos-42-for-all-classic-amigas-released-and-available

davideo
17th May 2021, 14:18
@RetroPassion

Interested in 3.2 CD and ROMs for a 4000D.

Can you let me know when you've got them in stock please?

RetroPassion
17th May 2021, 18:50
Sure, we are expecting the shipment in the next 2 weeks. However the backorders are quickly catching up with the stock we ordered...

Thanks!

Steve

scrappysphinx
17th May 2021, 20:01
Steve, i've placed my order for the 3.2 cd today, just wondered if you knew, is it a pressed cd or is a cdr with a label?

RetroPassion
17th May 2021, 21:37
Steve, i've placed my order for the 3.2 cd today, just wondered if you knew, is it a pressed cd or is a cdr with a label?

Hi as far as we are aware its a pressed CD :-)

davideo
17th May 2021, 22:30
@RetroPassion

Interested in 3.2 CD and ROMs for a 4000D.

Can you let me know when you've got them in stock please?

I've just placed my order :)

RetroPassion
18th May 2021, 17:43
Thank you!!! :-)

Amiga Forever
19th May 2021, 15:31
I got questions about Hard drive Amiga OS 3.2 and if I order it as does it mean I need AMIGA OS 3.2 Rom Chip?

Will all games work on Amiga OS 3.2 Rom Chip?

Fook42
20th May 2021, 21:02
will there be a download available for the CD ? or do we have to wait for the "real" CDs to be shipped?

miggymad
20th May 2021, 21:23
The CD is part of the whole package, no download required.

Hyperion website says that digital versions (machine specific) will follow later.

Fook42
21st May 2021, 18:29
not my question...
i was asking if it it would be possible to download the CD (an image of it or the contents of it) before the shipping is available ...
so .. maybe right now, instead of waiting for the CD to be produced and shipped.

miggymad
21st May 2021, 19:27
not my question...
i was asking if it it would be possible to download the CD (an image of it or the contents of it) before the shipping is available ...
so .. maybe right now, instead of waiting for the CD to be produced and shipped.

The answer is still the same:)

The CD is part of the whole package.
You buy AmigaOS 3.2, you get a physical CD and ROMs.
There is no pre-shipping download of the CD available.
Hyperion have stated that there will be downloadable, machine specific ISO's of the CD made available at a later date, presumably to registered OS 3.2 buyers only.

Hope that's cleared that up for you.

Fook42
21st May 2021, 19:32
it does .. thank you!

BTW: i placed an order at a local (german) dealer.. so i'll wait for it :)

ianoakley
22nd May 2021, 12:38
Order placed Steve - the description has slightly changed (for the better BTW) from when I placed my order and good news the CDROM covers all Amiga models. I ordered a physical room for an A1200, presumably I can add eeproms for A500/A600 to the order. Canít go mad though as have several Amigas and have 3.1.4 roms in a few A1200 but would like to make a start on my A500s and A600s. And if Iíve read this correctly OS 3.2 can be installed on those models without physical kickstarts. Looks an excellent upgrade.

Fook42
22nd May 2021, 13:00
... make a start on my A500s and A600s. And if I’ve read this correctly OS 3.2 can be installed on those models without physical kickstarts. Looks an excellent upgrade.
just keep in mind, that this OS needs a lot of memory and storage space - an harddrive is adviced to be used... running OS3.2 on an A500 only makes sense in combination with an accellerator (TF or Vampire or something).
You can use 3.2 without a physical rom, but you need at least 3.1 as ROM and ~1MB of fastram to have "loadmodule" do all the job of loading the new libs and parts reset-resident.

ianoakley
22nd May 2021, 14:02
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated! Storage space not an issue nowadays. I use ACA plus with ACA1221 on my A500+ And has 3.1 rom so could get away without physical rom but a tenner isn’t going to break the bank - I must say the hardware add ons for the A500 are incredible. My A600 has basic expansion so would struggle without physical rom but eeprom won’t cost a leg.
I’ve requested an invoice from Retro Passion anyway so the order can be easily amended.

miniworks787
22nd May 2021, 14:41
Sure, we are expecting the shipment in the next 2 weeks. However the backorders are quickly catching up with the stock we ordered...

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve, if I order a CD today will it be covered by your expected stock.

Thanks.

RetroPassion
22nd May 2021, 22:30

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve, if I order a CD today will it be covered by your expected stock.

Thanks.

Hi third batch expected early June so shipping will be around then. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I got questions about Hard drive Amiga OS 3.2 and if I order it as does it mean I need AMIGA OS 3.2 Rom Chip?

Will all games work on Amiga OS 3.2 Rom Chip?

It is recommended that a 3.2 kickstart is used with 3.2, however you can still use 3.1 and 3.1.4. The advantage of 3.2 it manages chip ram far better.

- - - Updated - - -

not my question...

Only a physical CD will be available which is the the ultimate package. and the digital later for specific Amigas. I understand what your saying but Hyperon are keeping it 'real' :-)

Amiga Forever
24th May 2021, 12:13
Thanks for answering the questions RetroPassion
:)

awmosoft
26th May 2021, 07:30
You can store the Kickstart ROM 3.2 in the ACA 500 Plus. I did the same with Kickstart 3.1.4.

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACA500plus#F4_-_User_ROM_configuration

RetroPassion
26th May 2021, 14:32
Thanks for answering the questions RetroPassion
:)

No problem.

cugar124
3rd June 2021, 14:53
Dropping Retro Passion a PM we have talked via FB so Admin He and I will sort it out via PM and FB thank you. I think I am more Grumpy at the Admins than at Steve :huh:

RetroPassion
3rd June 2021, 20:45
Replied :-)

Dropping Retro Passion a PM we have talked via FB so Admin He and I will sort it out via PM and FB thank you. I think I am more Grumpy at the Admins than at Steve :huh:

RetroPassion
15th June 2021, 16:24
We are waiting on more EPROMS which will take around 10/14 days too arrive. We had a batch on order but only made aware the shipment was canceled 5 days later, we have another batch on order so any order with ROMS will be delayed.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Thanks!

RP

davideo
15th June 2021, 16:27
We are waiting on more EPROMS which will take around 10/14 days too arrive. We had a batch on order but only made aware the shipment was canceled 5 days later, we have another batch on order so any order with ROMS will be delayed.

Al least I now know why I'm still waiting. Thanks for the update.

miggymad
15th June 2021, 17:15
.sits quietly knowing that a box full of AmigaOS 3.2 goodies will arrive soon enough