A1200 mod

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hi all,
I've shown this picture to Zert0 and well he's not sure!! (shock and horror i know) so anyone know what this is?
cheers, JuvUK

Last edited:
Re: A1200 mod

@JuvUK

Factory Mod it is denitely not, I think we all agree on that one. 8)

Question for you.... Does the Mobo Run on it's own without the Accelerator ? , ie is it a hardwired mod to disable the 68EC020.

TC :mrgreen:

TheCorfiot said:
@JuvUK

Factory Mod it is denitely not, I think we all agree on that one. 8)

Question for you.... Does the Mobo Run on it's own without the Accelerator ? , ie is it a hardwired mod to disable the 68EC020.

hiya TC m8! :)

yep the board runs fine with no accelerator, i can't see anything wrong with the baord it boots up fine via both floppy and IDE. Soooooo what's it doing? lol :?

@JuvUK

Well then my friend we could all find out what it's for if you removed it :LOL:
Noooooooooooo...................If it aint broke dont fix it, It would probably never work again.

Did Zetr0 give any pointers or comments as to what pins on the '020 the wires were connecting too, I don't have my schematics handy, actually that's a lie I can't be bothered to look them up at the moment...sorry. :mrgreen:

What about the Pads near the Edge connector, are they signals, power, gnd... oops my beer needs a refill :wink:

The important thing is as I read your post on EAB, "The Systems totally Stable" 8)

Ahh I've had another look at the pic, That 68020 has been replaced, it's not the original, maybe the wires are there to make up for board / track damage that occoured during the repair.

The important thing is as I read your post on EAB, "The Systems totally Stable" 8)

heh, actually that's another 1200 :D

Hiyas Guys,

just got back from a night on the razz, hopefully the alcohol will kill off this f*cking cold/flu thingy!!!

okay... I had a close look at the hack in the photo and this is what I found

Code:
U1 : MC68EC020FGxx

Pin#	Detail

94	A20
95	A21

U0 : MC68882 - FPU

Pin#	Detail

4	GND

I would say, looking the schematics for the edge connector these signals have been routed by wire to the Via's on the PCB card edge. infact.... unless the board was damaged this hack makes absolutely NO SENSE, especially the GROUND on the FPU.

JuvUK, has checked the bottom of the mobo, and there is NO DAMAGE at all...

I was gonna send this lot to steady see what he thought as this... really has me baffled.

@Zeets

I think it's a board repair my friend, We are unable to see the tracks under the replaced 020 which may have been damaged.
My guess is CPU was replaced board didn't work, repairer carried out continuity testing found O/C tracks due to the repair & then hard wired them

Why diddent you just trick the whole bunch and say its a bus overclock that makes your accboard work two times as fast with onboard memory etc :mrgreen: "joke" . Anyways i think TheCorfiot is right about this one looks to be a repair..

Back
Top Bottom