big amiga screen

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
don't know if you guys are interested but i thought i'd share this anyway....42" plasma Amiga! wooohoooo :D :D

Last edited:
Re: big amiga screen

I have a 26" Samsung A series, and an RGB-> scart cable, and the picture is fantastic.

One problem though - about every other second, the screen shifts from left to right... like a jitter.

Really annoying and I have no idea how to rectify it!

If you can put up with it, it's otherwise a very crisp, flicker free picture!

AndyC

ahhh retr0-gaming on a 42" plazzy doesn't come sweeter my friend!

I have been having the pleasure as it was for the last year and its really improves the game especially with friends mocking you about your lack of technique / ability etc LOL

now I suggest you get some friends over m8, cookup / order in a curry and get worms DC on the go.... and be prepared to howl out laughin' all night! (also might want to open a window ;)... but that just experience talking *lol*)

Very nice.

If your Plasma is new just be careful of burn-in. Remember old CRT monitors that were left displaying a login screen at school and the local library where you could see a burnt in image of the login screen? Plasma screens can be damaged in the same way. Some common plasma burn-in damage you can easily see these days is if you go to the cinema, as many cinemas now use plasma screens to display the film times and they often have burnt in static graphics.

In the most recent plasma screens burn-in is only of danger with the first 100-150 hours of use when the TV is wearing in. After this initial period of use the TV will normally not be susceptible to burn-in. But try and not play games or leave the set on a static image for long during this initial period of use. Also most recent plasma screens have anti-burn-in features that you can switch on from the menus and it is worth doing this just to be safe. It is also recommended not to play games that have fixed position HUDs for too many hours as this can cause a minor burn-in effect too.

thanks Harrison, good advise!!
luckily my plasma has an anti burn in option and shifts the screen from time to time when it detects a static image 8)

@H

Excellent advise

You learn something everyday, I was not aware of the first 100-150Hr use being most sensitive to Burn in.

Thanks
TC 8)

PS --- Not that I can afford a Plasma set at the moment :LOL:

Mine has a screen saver as well as burn safe mode,

it was on by default, I have only seen the screen saver once when I was sorting out the VCR/DVDR (it was on a blue screen for nigh 4 mins) then the screen saver kicked in with some cool pixilation and slide effects...

@ TC

That means a 50" plasma would be a bigger trip then!? :LOL:

@TC

LMAO!!!

y'know... there was a moment when i thought my mis-yet well-spent youth was comming back to get me LOL

@Kinnie]

for that you would need to ask Yorkie, he has a 50" plasma

@Kin ..aye It would be a longer trip indeed !!!!! :wink:

@Zeets ...Yorkie Bloody would eh.... 50" , What's he trying to prove??. you know what they say :LOL:

BTW my trippy moments are still in B&W, you know retro style. :wink:

TC :mrgreen:

TheCorfiot said:
@Zeets ...Yorkie Bloody would eh.... 50" , What's he trying to prove??. you know what they say :LOL:

Oh its like you live round the corner!!!!!!!

Zetr0 said:
TheCorfiot said:

Oh its like you live round the corner!!!!!!!

I wish I did Zeets, It would be great Hacking Fun with curry thrown in to lubricate the brain.
yorkie & r0jaws are great guys too.

TC :wink:

Only 42"? :LOL:

I've had my Amiga playing Lemmings on a 55" projector screen :)

OK, so the Plasma will have much better quality than an old LCD panel sat on a slightly knackered OHP.

@steve30

its not all about the size eh?

its like they say, size doesn't matter..... as long as you have a big one ;) :D

[Raised Hand] I'm uncomfortable.... [/Raised Hand]

:roll:

hehe

Heather

LOL

sorry Heather, i couldn't help myself.

of course the truth is a compainion of size and quality.... ehem... :)

I was so impressed by Zetro's enormous equipment, I had to upgrade myself.

*cough cough cough*

Back
Top Bottom