Lucky Git!

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Sometimes life smiles upon you for no apparent reason, today was that day for me!

I went to pick up a hard disc enclosure from a nice chap down the road who had advertised them on Freecycle and was a bit surprised when he gave me 2 bin liners.

Having a quick peek in one as I put it in the boot revealed a mass of network cable and 2 sata hard drive enclosures. I didn't think about it much apart from maybe I'll have to sort the cables out and chuck them back on Freecycle when I get in.

However, when I opened the other bag I got a bit of a surprise;

freecyclehaul1.jpg

freecyclehaul.jpg

Thats quite a haul of Kit, Tools, Graphics cards, Motherboards, Routers, Soundcard and all sorts of other bits and pieces including a 256mb Kingston CF Card and IDE adapter!!!

I emailed the chap back asking if he was sure he didn't want all this kit and he said yep, keep it!

What can I say? What a jammy bugger! :wink:

Re: Lucky Git!

OMG r0jaws! What a magical moment! :D

Hi there...

I don't suppose there was a decent motherboard (AGP) that can take an AM2 socket? I want to upgrade my PC motherboard without upgrading my AGP GFX card at the same time - it's only a year old and still well up to the task!

Also, any PC memory?

Cheers!

AndyC

Sorry matey the only AGP mobo is this one, GIGABYTE
It has its CPU still fitted (no idea what it is yet though).

The other mobo is this one INTEL

No RAM apart from 2 sticks of 256mb Laptop RAM.

Going to have tons of fun sorting this little lot and testing it all.

Got 2 Intel P4 Xeon Chips, 2x ATI Radeon 9250 Graphics cards (one AGP one PCI), 2x Linksys PCI Wireless Cards, 1x turtle beach santa cruz tb400 soundcard, and a very nice set of Technics Headphones as well as a set of Philips ones.

OMG! That is amazing and you truly are a very lucky git! :LOL:

Loads of very useful stuff there. I wonder why the guy was just throwing it all way? Surely he knew it was worth something? :?: Maybe it was "hot" and he was finding a quiet way to offload it all! ;)

Now thats an Awesome Haul!!!

well done for saving this from the bin my friend! :LOL:

errmm.....

m8y........

you know most people I know would be a little worried when opening a black sack to find a Bone Saw and Black (gaffa/duct/rape) Tape in it...... :shock:

OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/Me spots some laptop memory in the bottom right hand corner of the second picture, just above the blue CD; what type of memory is it, as I am after 2 sticks of DDR 333 or similar for my Compaq lappy?

Zetr0 said:
you know most people I know would be a little worried when opening a black sack to find a Bone Saw and Black (gaffa/duct/rape) Tape in it...... :shock:

That would be quite worrying if I didn't drive around with that sort of thing in the back of my motor anyway. *cough*
Merlin you have PM chap.

Thanks for the offer Phil, but I am really looking for 512Mb sticks.

r0jaws said:
Zetr0 said:

That would be quite worrying if I didn't drive around with that sort of thing in the back of my motor anyway. *cough*
Merlin you have PM chap.

Was that anything to do with the "Bumper Event" fiasco? *cough* :mrgreen:

did i see mention of a pci radeon?
if was would you be interested in parting with it?

cheers, JuvUK

The guy obviously had taste! - He was an "Intel" guy! :D

@ r0jaws

Depending on the Sound card brand, I could be interested. :wink:

@Juvuk
unfortunately I need that to test out the Intel board, It has no onboard graphics by the looks of it and no AGP/ PCI-E.
I'll let you know once I've decided what I'm going to do with all this gubbins and whether it works or not.

@Kin it's a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz tb400 soundcard, give me a PM if you're interested.

As to the rest of the bits and pieces, I'll be testing it and probably putting some of the stuff I don't want into the recycle bin in the near future.

If the Gigabyte mobo works, combined with the AGP Radeon I see some Amithlon/ Aros fun coming up.

I'l carve your name on it with my compass right now matey. :mrgreen:

/Kin Steps down from the Turtle Beach Soundcard.

Back
Top Bottom