Not open for further replies.

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, as requested here are a couple of shots of my newly acquired Apollo 630 for my A600.
Thanks to mark_uk for selling it to me.

Here is the machine before starting. Its a stock A600 from a wild, weird & wicked pack with KS 2.05 v37.300.

[attachment=1:2enf10jk]1.JPG[/attachment:2enf10jk]

Here's a naked shot of the mobo.

[attachment=2:2enf10jk]naked.JPG[/attachment:2enf10jk]

and here is the Apollo 630 with 8mb fast ram and 1mb chip ram expansion and a 2gb CF HDD installed. I did notice however that the apollo is not the tightest when clipped on top of the 68000 chip. It worked loose when i was putting the top back on but i think that was because the CF was laid on top and put a bit of pressure on one corner and lifted the 630. So i will have to work out positioning for the CF later.

[attachment=0:2enf10jk]installed.JPG[/attachment:2enf10jk]

If more photos are wanted just let me know and i'm sure i can whip the camera out again. The machine is not back together yet anyway as i'm awaiting delivery of my 3.1 rom chip now.

Thanks all

Mike

Attachments

• naked.JPG
    naked.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
  • installed.JPG
    installed.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 0
Re: Apollo 630 installed pr0n

Hiyas Scrappy

this might be a little rude to ask, but could I have some elevations of just the motherboard and A630 attached... left / front and top would be awesome, Also I noticed I have your A600 Kickstart 3.1 rom here ;), I shall post that as soon as possible my friend :)

The perfect (almost) travelling WHDLoad machine.

I do love the compact nature of the 600, and with the 030 in there and an extra Meg of Chip RAM, very nice indeed.

If only they had AGA for these little beasties it would be (in my eyes anyway) absolutely spot on.

That CF Adapter is just begging to be accessible externally, a small case Mod and bingo, 2 birds with one stone.

:)

r0jaws said:
The perfect (almost) travelling WHDLoad machine.

I do love the compact nature of the 600, and with the 030 in there and an extra Meg of Chip RAM, very nice indeed.

If only they had AGA for these little beasties it would be (in my eyes anyway) absolutely spot on.

*Cough* :mrgreen:

That is still the most impressive Mod I've seen to date, simply awesome!

Where did I put my hacksaw?

@r0jaws, i'm thinking i may widen the pcmcia port and mount the cf adaptor on top.

@Zetr0, i'll take the photos your after i'm just a little swamped. I have 9 pc base units i'm trying to put together so i can freecycle them all!

Mike

Well, this inspired me to finally sort out my 600 for reliability. Will start a separate thread, but...

Amiga 600, 1MB chip RAM update, Apollo 620 (not 630) and CF card mounted above the PCMCIA slot. Dremeling by Stevie Wonder... Switchable for 68000/68020 and 4/8MB FAST mem (because 8MB conflicts with the PCMCIA address space). Hot glue employed to make the sodding 620 stay in place, and it's working so far :) .

@Chiark

I owe you some chip ram memory chips dont i?

tis okay, I can wrap it up with a 3.1 rom if you want ;) :D

I don't think you do, my friend. I can't think why you might... I've still got a Spartan3 with your name against it for minimig purposes though :) - must sort that out sometime!

KS3.1... Oooh... That could make this a great WHDload machine... Hmm... And I've got a kickstart switch too (but no room inside the 600!)

Apologies for the delays in adding more photos but i hope these satisfy what your looking for Zetr0.

[attachment=3:29nv1yvh]Front.JPG[/attachment:29nv1yvh]

[attachment=2:29nv1yvh]Back.JPG[/attachment:29nv1yvh]

[attachment=1:29nv1yvh]Left.JPG[/attachment:29nv1yvh]

[attachment=0:29nv1yvh]Right.JPG[/attachment:29nv1yvh]

Mike

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Left.JPG
    Left.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Right.JPG
    Right.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 0

Oddly, in the second picture the board looks a bit warped... :|

Warp is clearly visible in the first pic for me.
The second pic is suggesting the CPU Socket on the underside of the card is not seated squarely (needs pushing down some more on the rear of the original CPU), which exaggerates the slant in Pic 3 because of the Warp in Pic 1. :wink:

Push down on the Arrow to resolve! :mrgreen:

Kin

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0

To be honest fellas it didn't really sit on the cpu very well at all, it was a very loose connection and sometimes the machine would boot and sometimes it would hang. However i took a pin and gently brought the connections on the clip forward and now it catches and grips very well and boots everytime.

Mike

@Scrappy

My friend, that is excellent, just what i need!!!

Awesome stuff!

a bit OT but

scrappysphinx did you sort out them pcs for freecycle if you still have them and your on the right side of nottingham to me could i have one

thanks james

Hey Jimbob, i still have 6 in my living room. They range between 450Mhz and 850Mhz, they all have 128mb ram and i believe they all have 20gb HDD's. If your interested you can have as many as you would like. I believe you've been to mine before for the Acorn Archimedes machine i donated last year. If you'd like more info pm me.

Thanks

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom