I can haz a substitute 3.7V battery for my MP4Playah?

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
My cheap 1GB MP4 playah's battery just died.
Actually, it was a surprise for me that it lasted for so long - almost 5 years since I bought it ;)

Now I'm in a pickle, no way I could get any original substitute battery since this is some chinese cheap shit ;)
I tried looking for several batteries on Allegro.pl from cellphones, laptops, cameras... all too big...

The original one was 3.7V, 200mAh, and it lasted quite long, something ~10 hours.
To fit back in the original case the size should be something like this: 20mm lenght, 35mm height, 5mm width

mabattry.jpg

Any suggestions, beside "get a new mp4 playah"? ;)

Re: I can haz a substitute 3.7V battery for my MP4Playah?

Hi Shoonay,
might something like this do?
http://www.batterytastic.co.uk/Search_A ... Submit4=Go

Right voltage, so they are a *bit* overrated... But what the hey, your player's dead anyway! ;)

May be worth your having a rummage round this site, you may find something more suitable...
...I've used these people a few times for replacement 'retro-batteries'.

Thanks Charlie, looks promising.
Now that I know what to search for I would prefer to find something similar here, but if all fails I guess I could get one there.

meega said:
Maybe try somewhere cheap and Chinese... :LOL:
The hookers said they don't do... oh, wait you mean... oh.
meega said:
How big a battery will fit?
*cough*
Shoonay said:
20mm lenght, 35mm height, 5mm width
;)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, good to see those batteries exist ;)

@ Shoonz

It may be worth straying into mobile phone country for a replacement, the voltage and size constraints makes me think of Sony Ericsson and Nokia phone batteries.

Examples: Samsung E900

http://www.cellpacksolutions.com/items. ... bilePhones

:wink:

Yes, my first try was at the phone batteries, but it's hard to find out the size of those since once you know the model - they all fit ;)
What about the outputs of those batteries, i see 3... what are those? plus, minus, ground? hopefully that's it, all i need is + & -

My brother has some Samsung model, I'll try his ;)
would be great if those would fit...

Back
Top Bottom