Status
Not open for further replies.

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
Been thinking about this long and hard. My lovely Newton 2100, to list or not to list! Well, I have barely used the thing in an age, so why not send her on to a more caring and loving owner.

She is a thing of beauty. When I got her, the rubber layer on the case had perished and was sticky, so I cleaned it down to the bare plastic with white spirit and then set about pimping her up with Apple stickers and badges! maybe not to everyone's taste, but I think she looks cute.

Works like a dream, backlight is still pretty bright. Runs on 4 AA batteries (invest in some good quality rechargeables, Duracells get used quite quickly). The handwriting recognition is staggering, really very good, better than anything else I've used up to and including the present day. She's been learning my handwriting for the last year, so, unless you write like a drunken 5 year old as I do, you'll be best off resetting everything and starting again with the recognition learning. Screen is in pretty good shape, few minor blemishes and few minor scratches from use of the stylus, but nothing that impedes! The door hinge broke so I repaired it with black insulation tape. There are a few scrapes and scratches on the body. All in, this is no show-room model, but she works and looks good and funky. I guarantee, if you pull this out to take notes in a business meeting or at uni, it will be a conversation stopper, people will have no idea what the hell they are looking at!

Included in the sale is:

The Newton 2100
Keyboard
Serial dongle
Serial cable to connect to vintage Mac
Serial cable to connect to PC
Install software for Mac OS (pre OSX) and Windows (95/98 I guess)
8MB PCMCIA storage card

I'm not going to give this away as it's my baby, and it's also a fantastic device to use. So £140 plus shipping. There will be no price drops, I'm happy to let her go at that price, but will also be perfectly happy if she doesn't sell.

Paypal gift/bank transfer.

Huzzah!

S

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Pics. Having trouble with the attachment function! GRRRR!!!

zx0l3880.jpg

zx0l3881.jpg

zx0l3882.jpg

zx0l3879.jpg

Still there?

Still there?

I'll take this puppy off your hands if it's still looking for a loving home to go to?

I would like to buy this item

I would like to buy this item

I would like to buy this apple newton messagepad how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom