PDA

View Full Version : New projects coming soon thread...

AmigaManiac
11th June 2009, 12:04
Hi all,

I'm starting this thread to announce new projects that are in development.

At the moment, I have five projects in development.

* An RGB to PAL/NTSC adapter. This plugs into the Amiga video port, and outputs a signal in PAL or NTSC via composite and S-Video. The user selects either PAL or NTSC with a switch or jumper, depending on if it's in a case. This project will be available first. Target price about AUD$30.

*A four player adapter. Plugs into the parallel port on the Amiga, and adds two extra joystick ports for those games that support four players - there are more than you think! Not sure on price, but it will be very cheap!

*A SEGA light gun adapter - Plugs into the joystick port, and allows you to use the more common SEGA 3050 on your Amiga. Not sure on price, but it will be very cheap!

*A floppy adapter that allows you to use a standard HD PC floppy drive on your Amiga. Target price AUD$16-18.

*A new ROM switcher, that takes three KS ROMS - I'm not 100% sure yet if I will bring this project to reality, or stick with V2.0.

gavilan
7th July 2009, 17:48
Wow! Nathan my good friend!!

Very cool projects indeed!
I might be tempted to buy some of those PAL/NTSC converters...do you have any pic?

Cable connectos to RGB port of the Amiga and goes to ANY TV/LCD that accepts composite/S-Video?

Also, a Kickstart switch with space for 3 roms!! AMAZING!!! i want oneeeeeeeee

:bowdown:

Big hug

Sebastian

Justin
8th July 2009, 08:16
@ultrareliable

can i ask something?

i have a 3do and i want a gun for it but they are hard to find and bloody expensive, the sega gun has the same connection as the 3do, but i've read that plugging one straight in could damage the 3do, so can a sega gun be "rewired" to work with a 3do, or could an adaptor be made?

sorry for the "off topic" but it's not that off topic

cheers, JuvUK

AmigaManiac
14th July 2009, 17:09
Thanks champ! :drinkin:

No pics of the PAL/NTSC converter, as I don't have the PCB's yet, only the components for them. There is some more info on EAB about it here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=30752&page=8

Yes, it will plug into the RGB port of the Amiga, and can be plugged into just about any LCD TV that accepts composite and S-Video inputs. Some LCD TV's don't like the signal from the Amiga, as I found out after buying one second hand on ebay :banghead:

I'll probably do that 3-way ROM switcher last...don't hold your breath :-P

Wow! Nathan my good friend!!

Very cool projects indeed!
I might be tempted to buy some of those PAL/NTSC converters...do you have any pic?

Cable connectos to RGB port of the Amiga and goes to ANY TV/LCD that accepts composite/S-Video?

Also, a Kickstart switch with space for 3 roms!! AMAZING!!! i want oneeeeeeeee

:bowdown:

Big hug

Sebastian

AmigaManiac
14th July 2009, 17:10
I've no idea. If you find a schematic to do it, I may be able to rig summink up for ya :wink:

@ultrareliable

can i ask something?

i have a 3do and i want a gun for it but they are hard to find and bloody expensive, the sega gun has the same connection as the 3do, but i've read that plugging one straight in could damage the 3do, so can a sega gun be "rewired" to work with a 3do, or could an adaptor be made?

sorry for the "off topic" but it's not that off topic

cheers, JuvUK