8-Bit Commodore Motherload

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone!

I just hit the 8-Bit Commodore Motherload. I am getting an incredible deal on someone's entire collection because they need the room for exercise equipment!?!? I am driving Ten hours on Friday to get to his house to pick it up. Fortunately, I have a friend that lives in between so I'll be staying over there on my way back home.

Here's a pic of most of the stuff. There are a few things that I'm getting as well that are not shown.

[attachment=0:37ij8zt8]8BitMotherload.jpg[/attachment:37ij8zt8]

I'll add more pictures here after I get it home and go through the stuff.

Ciao!

Heather

Attachments

• 8BitMotherload.jpg
    8BitMotherload.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 1
Re: 8-Bit Commodore Motherload

That's some collection!
I noticed plenty of Commodore 64 stuff and a bit of Amiga stuff, but didn't notice any other Commodore machines (VIC-20, C16, +4, C128 etc.)
Still an awesome collection.

Yep, mostly C64 stuff but there's also some C128s in there. Alas, no C128D that I could tell. That, a C16 and a Pet, are the last 8-Bit Commodore machines I need for my collection. I'm going to have a lot of fun just going through the floppies in this collection!

Heather

Still a cool collection.
If all you need is a C16 and a PET to complete your collection, you're doing well!

The C16 is a fantastic machine (no .... really, it is) :run:
My very first machine I ever owned was a C16 and I loved that thing, it holds so many nostalgic memories for me ..... and it had a better version of Kikstart than the C64 :p

Anyway, I reckon you'll have loads of fun with that lot, I know I would.
tbh, that Commodore collection looks like my Amiga collection :laugh: , there's plenty there!

:drool:

Me want.... priority 1.....

:nod:

OK, I'm not a CBM 8bit expert. But there is not a C16 over the green box in the centre of the picture?

I spy a couple of 1581 drives on top of those shelves....

@ Heather

I am definitely interested in one of those 1581 drives, if one may be going spare (hint hint) :wink:

Where was this collection originally located?

@woodycool

I've never seen a C16 in real life but they look quite neat. I recently picked up my first Plus 4, on the other bay, in brand new condition! Very neat little machine.

@rkauer

The Commodore 16 was actually a black computer with a gray keyboard. I think it is the best looking breadbox Commodore. I believe that computer above the green box is a C64 with a messed up keyboard.

330px-Commodore_16_002a.png

@Merlin

I'm definitely going to sell a lot of this after I go through everything. Since I've already got a near mint condition 1581, I'd be happy to sell you one (if there are any in there). :D

Ciao!

Heather

@trip6

Since I don't yet have it in my possession, I won't say. :wink: I'll let everyone know on Monday though.

Heather

@SdG: Thanks for posting the pic of the C16 ..... that's settled my inferior 8-bit hardware pr0n need for tonight :D

Well played on getting a +4 though, even if it was from EvilBay

:bowdown: to the awesomeness :mrgreen:

SkydivinGirl said:
I just hit the 8-Bit Commodore Motherload. I am getting an incredible deal on someone's entire collection because they need the room for exercise equipment!?!?
Getting rid of retro stuff and replacing it with exercise equipment. I predict one ultra fit nerd in a few months. :jester:

@Merlin
I don't see any 1581s just a lot of 1541s and 1541-IIs (might be 1571s) remember the 1581 was the 3.5" drive.

/masheen

Amazing Haul Heather!

hope you get home with it all safe and sound.

Hi Heather,

That is an Amazing haul! I had a Commodore Plus/4 and my Family had a C16

Formula 1 was great on the C16 (Mastertronic) on the Plus/4 Treasure island was my fave out of the 10 free games i got with it.

Moony buggy was good on the C16 too :)

Happy Dayz

I'm not after anything but if a Trilogic interface was in there that might be different :)

@Woodycool

I actually got a good deal on the +4 from the bay that must not be named, even though it was a real auction. Whenever I actually have to bid on something, I use eSnipe to bid. The charge a very modest fee and they basically put your bid in for you in the last few seconds of the auction. I put in my best bid then, if it is high enough, I win. It's also great because I don't have to stay up until 3 in the morning to bid on stuff.

@Masheen

I believe some of those are 1571 drives. I'm actually hoping for some 1541-IIs in the lot since I don't have any of those. A 1581 or two would be a nice surprise though.

@Zetr0

I've already got my trailer all set to go! I'm heading out early Friday morning for a nice long drive to get everything. Should be great fun!

@Sarek2k

The Plus/4 I bought recently is the first one I had ever actually used. It's quite a neat little system. While looking up info on the C16, I noticed Commodore made a low cost version, the Commodore 116, that looks just like a Plus/4 but it was only released in Europe. That's one more Commodore I don't have. :banghead: It's hard to believe how many different machines they actually made, not to mention the ones they prototyped but never released.

commodore_116.jpg

@All

I remember around 1992, I went to an Amiga User's Group meeting when I lived in Washington, DC. There was a Commodore rep there showing off the new Amiga 4000. One of the users asked "Why doesn't Commodore advertise?". The rep's answer was "Because we have found that advertising does not sell computers." Everyone in the room just laughed.

Heather

Hmm... after studying the photo closer, you are probably right about the 1571 drives... oh well...

Shipping a 1541 from the US would be a killer on the shipping; I think I'll have to look closer to home.

Thanks

(y)

SkydivinGirl said:
@Woodycool

I actually got a good deal on the +4 from the bay that must not be named, even though it was a real auction. Whenever I actually have to bid on something, I use eSnipe to bid. The charge a very modest fee and they basically put your bid in for you in the last few seconds of the auction. I put in my best bid then, if it is high enough, I win. It's also great because I don't have to stay up until 3 in the morning to bid on stuff.
Good stuff. I'm gonna have to try that out.

SkydivinGirl said:
@Sarek2k

The Plus/4 I bought recently is the first one I had ever actually used. It's quite a neat little system. While looking up info on the C16, I noticed Commodore made a low cost version, the Commodore 116, that looks just like a Plus/4 but it was only released in Europe. That's one more Commodore I don't have. :banghead: It's hard to believe how many different machines they actually made, not to mention the ones they prototyped but never released.

Heather
There's quite a few machines in the same range: Commodore C16, Commodore 116, Commodore 232, Commodore 264 and Commodore +4 ..... all belonging to the same family.

Personally, I prefer the original C16 .... mainly because it was the first machine I ever owned and because it looks like a much better C64 :thumbsup2:
That black casing on the C16 is sexy :)

@SdG

I think it's 2 of each in the picture, 2 on top shelfs are 1541-II and on the bottom it's 2 1571. (look at placement of leds)

Btw I'm so envious.

/masheen

Holy cr*p SdG, nice load you've got there!

I wonder how big your car is if you're going to pick that up all at once. One of these stereotypical American pickup trucks I presume? :D

:eek: :shock: :blink: :wooha: :woot: HO-LY-SKY-DIVIN-GIRL-YOU-LUCKY-GIRL-YOU! :bowdown:

Can't wait for detailed piccies, have a phun trip. (y)

:yourock:

So, like, when's the Grand Opening of SdG's new World of Commodore empire? :whistle:
(show those Micro$oft folks! :LOL: )

Back
Top Bottom