PDA

View Full Version : CPUs and FPUs, get in quick! Some real bargains to be had!

AmigaManiac
14th July 2009, 17:14
Hi all,

I've recently ordered a batch of IC's. I'll have them in stock by Friday. If anyone is interested in the following CPUs and FPUs, let me know a.s.a.p. Quantities are limited, and indicated next to the IC. What doesn't sell will go on ebay, and they'll be a little more expensive, to cover listing and final value fees :-(

10pcs MC68882FN40 - AUD$18 each
(40Mhz FPU in PLCC package - these are brand new, so a real bargain!)

5pcs MC68882RC50A - AUD$29 each
(50Mhz FPU in a PGA package)

5pcs MC68030RC50C - AUD$31 each
(50Mhz CPU in a PGA package)

I take payment by PayPal, in Australian dollars (AUD) only.

AmigaManiac
15th July 2009, 03:55
My god...I didn't expect them to sell this quick :-S I've allocated (and will allocate) the CPUs and FPUs fairly, based on who replied the soonest. I have posted in multiple forums too.

Right now, it looks like this is what I have left (in stock, and ready to ship):

4pcs MC68882FN40A

1pc MC68882RC50A

Of course, once I have the CPUs and FPUs in stock, some people may have changed their minds, so they may become available again. For those that miss out this round, don't hang yourselves, as I can get more from my supplier ;-) So I encourage you to express interest anyway, as I will then know how many (and what) to order from my supplier for those that missed out on this round!

You can also order MC68060RC50 (50hmz PGA CPU) for AUD$64 each if you need one. You have until Monday 20th July to get your orders in!

rkauer
15th July 2009, 05:08
Can you find a PLCC 68030FN40 dirty cheap, too? :wink:

_

AmigaManiac
15th July 2009, 06:57
I'll ask :wink: Just one?

_

AmigaManiac
15th July 2009, 07:11
Oh wait, I don't think that part exists. Are you sure you have the right part number? Do you mean MC68EC030FE40C, in CQUAD package? Otherwise its MC68030RC40C, in PGA package.

_

arnljot
15th July 2009, 08:25
Just to be a stick in the mud: It seems it's only our beloved mod who knew the rules and declared interrest in the thread... Or maybe I misunderstood you ultrareliable, and the items sold elsewhere?

TheCorfiot
15th July 2009, 12:00
@arnljot

Reading rkauers post, I think it's a query regarding another part not a declaration of interest in those being advertised.

I'm sure Nathan will update us soon but my guess is they sold elsewhere...

Regards
TC :)

AmigaManiac
15th July 2009, 14:30
I have made identical posts on other forums besides AmiBay. Not a soul has replied on AmiBay regarding my offer. No money has changed hands yet, as I don't take payment until an item is in stock and ready to ship. I've never advertised items for sale before I had them is stock, but since I am in some debt already due to my Amiga hobby, I thought it might be wise to find buyers a.s.a.p.

rkauer was asking about another part altogether, than what I am offering here :) Once I know the correct part number he's after, I'll post the price here, in case anyone else wants one.

There has been a good response across other forums, which is why I will be placing another order for more CPUs and FPUs on Monday. There are just not enough on offer to meet demand, which is a nice change for me :) AmiBayers still have an equal chance to get what they want if they contact me/post before then.

Hmmm...so I can't see that any rules have been broken? The mods are pretty good on AmiBay from my experience. If anything is/was not right, I doubt they would give me special treatment :)

rkauer
15th July 2009, 17:03
Oh wait, I don't think that part exists. Are you sure you have the right part number? Do you mean MC68EC030FE40C, in CQUAD package? Otherwise its MC68030RC40C, in PGA package.

You are correct and I'm a lazy "electronic spell checker". It is the CQUAD one, 33 or 40MHz. When you sort with your supplier, can you quote one of those babies? Needed to fix a GVP accelerator. Units I've found are outrageously expensive.

@Others: UR didn't use nasty tricks on our site ever, but I saw him offering the very same items on other sites, which is a good thing for himself, as he stated here.

No Amibay rules breaking.

arnljot
16th July 2009, 08:38
:thumbsup: All is good. I didn't read the passages closely enough. :run:

AmigaManiac
17th July 2009, 01:56
@arnljot

He he, don't worry about it. I wasn't mad or anything, I was worried. I thought I had done something wrong :oops:

AmigaManiac
17th July 2009, 04:24
I received the IC's today...

For some reason, which I can't fathom, they sent me 10pcs MC68882RC50 FPUs, rather than 5pcs MC68882RC50 FPUs & 5pcs MC68030RC50C CPUs.

On the upside, all the 50Mhz MC68882RC50 PGA FPUs are in fantastic condition, no bent pins or anything. They are all made in 2004 according to the date code on the IC's, so they're not that old either :-)

The 40Mhz MC68882FN40A PLCC FPUs, are brand new, made in 2005 according to the date codes on all of them. There are 7pcs still available, that have not yet been allocated to buyers.

So, sorry to those people that were expecting a CPU and FPU now :-( I will order them on Monday, and will have the next batch of CPUs and FPUs in a little over a week. For those that only wanted an FPU, I'm sending out the PMs to confirm and arrange payment shortly...

AmigaManiac
17th July 2009, 07:51
@ rkauer

OK, I have a price for you for a brand new 40Mhz MC68EC030FE40C CQUAD CPU... :drool:

...wait for it...wait...AUD$35! Postage via regular air mail would cost only AUD$3.45.

How does that sound to you? If you're happy with that price, I'll order it on Monday with the rest of the CPUs and FPUs :wink:

rkauer
18th July 2009, 00:46
Not now, friend. I already have a lot of things to pay for and I can only use "Amiga money" to buy Amiga things (deal with wife).

Put it "on hold" for now, when I have the funds I tell you. The price is very attractive. :thumbsup:

AmigaManiac
18th July 2009, 04:46
No problem :) I'll get it with the rest of them anyway, and then if you decide that you want it one day it's yours. If you decide that you don't want it, I'll just sell it to someone else ;) It's not terribly expensive, so it won't send me broke to have it as idle stock for a while.

Not now, friend. I already have a lot of things to pay for and I can only use "Amiga money" to buy Amiga things (deal with wife).

Put it "on hold" for now, when I have the funds I tell you. The price is very attractive. :thumbsup:

AmigaManiac
18th July 2009, 05:32
Ok, here is what I have in stock right now, ready to ship:

4pcs 40Mhz MC68882FN40A PLCC FPU (new) - AUD$18 each

1pc 50Mhz MC68882RC50A PGA FPU - AUD$29

Postage world wide (regular air mail) for the above, AUD$3.45-$5.55, depending on how many you buy.

The rest, such as 50Mhz MC68030RC50C PGA CPUs, and those that missed out now, I am putting in a monster order for CPUs and FPUs on Monday :) I would then have them in stock in about a week.

Sorry for any confusion!

AmigaManiac
18th July 2009, 13:38
Ok, this is what I have left in stock now, ready to ship:

2pcs 40Mhz MC68882FN40A PLCC FPU (new)

1pc 50Mhz MC68882RC50A PGA FPU

chain
18th July 2009, 18:57
1pc 50Mhz MC68882RC50A PGA FPU - consider it sold :)

PM sent

AmigaManiac
19th July 2009, 04:44
1pc 50Mhz MC68882RC50A PGA FPU - consider it sold :)

PM sent

It's yours ;) I think you were just in time too. Another guy asked about it on Amiga.org, but has not yet gotten back to me. The PayPal invoice is on the way ;)

AmigaManiac
19th July 2009, 04:47
Ok, this is what I have left in stock now, ready to ship:

2pcs 40Mhz MC68882FN40A PLCC FPU (new)

AmigaManiac
20th July 2009, 03:58
Hi all,

I am not taking any more orders for CPUs or FPUs. I will be placing the order with my supplier today, for those that put in requests/orders. I will contact everyone once I have the CPUs and FPUs in stock, to arrange payment etc.

I may do this again at a later date, so if you missed out this time, there's always next time ;)

I would like to thank everyone that expressed an interest :)

Photon
15th September 2009, 01:18
Looking for a 68030MC50 or maybe RC50, see my wanted (http://amibay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3291&start=0) thread... hope you're making a buy soon :)

AndyLandy
19th September 2009, 13:28
I'd also like to register interest that if you do get more FPUs in, I wouldn't mind a MC68882FN40A. :)

AmigaManiac
23rd November 2009, 22:57
I'd also like to register interest that if you do get more FPUs in, I wouldn't mind a MC68882FN40A. :)

I've ordered one for you ;) If it's too late, it doesn't matter, as I'm sure that I can find an alternative buyer.

J.T.Kirk
23rd November 2009, 22:59
Hi, is it possible to find an FPU for my Blizzard 1230 MKIV? If yes, how much?

AmigaManiac
23rd November 2009, 23:01
Hi, is it possible to find an FPU for my Blizzard 1230 MKIV? If yes, how much?

He he, I'm not an expert on Amiga hardware by a long shot. What FPU do you need?

J.T.Kirk
23rd November 2009, 23:05
I think the correct one is a 68882 50MHz (PGA).

AmigaManiac
23rd November 2009, 23:08
I think the correct one is a 68882 50MHz (PGA).

I think that's right :) MC68882RC50A. The only problem is that I'm pretty sure I can only get the MC68882RC40A - the 40Mhz version. However, I am told that this overclocks to 50Mhz no problem at all, and does not run hot. A customer in Italy told me so after he bought a 40Mhz FPU off me :)

J.T.Kirk
23rd November 2009, 23:11
I would prefer a non-overclocked one. If you find anything please inform me (as the cost also). Thanks.

AmigaManiac
23rd November 2009, 23:15
I would prefer a non-overclocked one. If you find anything please inform me (as the cost also). Thanks.

Will do ;)

rkauer
24th November 2009, 00:19
As matter of information: those 68882 are all the same!

At that time, Motorola use a very same chip mask to make those chips and then test the batches, marking the chips to the clock the sample can achieve (silly, huh?).

So a 40MHz unit in fact is the very same 50MHz unit with a different lettering over it.

AmigaManiac
2nd August 2010, 14:54

You are correct and I'm a lazy "electronic spell checker". It is the CQUAD one, 33 or 40MHz. When you sort with your supplier, can you quote one of those babies? Needed to fix a GVP accelerator. Units I've found are outrageously expensive.

@Others: UR didn't use nasty tricks on our site ever, but I saw him offering the very same items on other sites, which is a good thing for himself, as he stated here.

No Amibay rules breaking.

Heeey, did you still want that CQUAD CPU for that GVP accelerator? It's still orphaned and needs a home :p You can have it for AUD$29 (down from the AUD$35 I offered it to you for all that time ago) if you still want/need it. It really is new, and I just took some photos to prove it ;)

Also, I now have a great temperature controlled soldering iron and SMD rework station in one, as well as temperature controlled desoldering machine. I have some super fine tips also. Would you like me to repair that GVP accelerator for you? I would do it for AUD$15 (negotiable)? I will be adding a button and page regarding an Amiga (or any other computer or electronic devices) repair service very soon. Naturally, I will do it very cheaply for people, as I enjoy it so much :nod:

http://www.amigamaniac.com/CQUAD2.jpghttp://www.amigamaniac.com/CQUAD1.jpg

Nathan

rkauer
2nd August 2010, 20:38
Boy! Oh, boy!

Only caveat is the EC type. But OK, I'll take it if you can wait a bit more (end of this week, I promise).

AmigaManiac
3rd August 2010, 05:41
Boy! Oh, boy!

Only caveat is the EC type. But OK, I'll take it if you can wait a bit more (end of this week, I promise).

Yeah, the EC is the "cut down" version, isn't it? :-( Does the CQAUD come in the "regular" version? I couldn't find any data for a regular CPU in CQUAD package on the Freescale website :-( I'll have another look...

There is no rush at all. I'm busy making orders, and I'm repairing an A2000 MB for a guy in Australia. I'm repairing damage done by the old leaky battery, and I've replaced it with a PC type. I need to replace some standard and SIL resistors as they are quite out of spec. I'm also replacing all the caps for good measure. After that it's onto his A3000 MB for similar treatment...then the A4000 - which thankfully has no battery damage.

So, you really can take your time my friend ;) I was just curious about that CPU when I noticed it looking at me when I was getting something out of my cupboard :)

Nathan

AmigaManiac
3rd August 2010, 09:27
@rkauer

DOH! I just found the right part number for the CQUAD package without the MMU taken out :oops: I'll ask my IC supplier about that part and get back to you ;) If I'm (or someone) else is going to the trouble of removing the old CPU and installing a new one, it's better to use the most powerful CPU available I think :D

The part number you really want is MC68030FE40C ;)

FE designates a CQUAD package
RC designates a PGA package
FN designates a PLCC package

If it has EC in the start of the part number like on the photo above, it means it has no MMU (or disabled?), meaning a cheaper, probably slower part. How much slower I have no idea.

Nathan

rkauer
3rd August 2010, 23:45
EC types are the ones with the MMU disabled at the manufacture time, or ones which the MMU failed in test (they after that "burn" the MMU bit to disable it) and sold as EC.

Not good for people willing to use OS3.9 on their Amigas (like me), or muTools/other MMU-dependent application (RAM defragmenter anyone?).

About the prefixes used by Motorola/Freescale: yes I know that. :)

AmigaManiac
4th August 2010, 07:41
EC types are the ones with the MMU disabled at the manufacture time, or ones which the MMU failed in test (they after that "burn" the MMU bit to disable it) and sold as EC.

Not good for people willing to use OS3.9 on their Amigas (like me), or muTools/other MMU-dependent application (RAM defragmenter anyone?).

About the prefixes used by Motorola/Freescale: yes I know that. :)

Good to know about the MMU :-) I added the prefixes for the benefit of others, and to remind me in the future if I forget :-P

Now, I have some news. I can't find any new MC68030FE40C, but my supplier has tracked down two of them for me, still soldered to their PCBs :D I am buying both, one for you, and one to keep in stock for someone else. Since I have a sweet SMD rework station now, I will carefully remove them with the care and skill of a neurosurgeon :cool:

It gets better...you can have it for just AUD$15 ;)

Oh, will you be sending me the accelerator to repair, or is someone else doing it for you? I said I'd do it for AUD$15 for you, but if you think that is too much, we can haggle :-)

Nathan

rkauer
4th August 2010, 23:07
I'll do it myself, as I have a SMD rework station currently doing not much but shrink tubing.:roll:

Also sending a large board to foreign lands will add the known customs problems while sending and (worst) when returning.

Slayer
6th August 2010, 10:59
Greetings AmigaManiac

I'm only bugging you because you are only over the Tasman

I'm looking at upgrading at least 2 of my 68020/030 Board REV 1.0 A3200/A3400 CPU cards for the A4000.

They are all 030 CPUs not that that matters?

Now I know this won't provide the 030 with an MMU but at least we have floating point ;-)

I need 2 at this stage (not sure if I've pulled ALL of my CPU cards out of this type)

Can you help?

as for this:

I have one of my other cards that has a

MC68EC030FE25B and in the CoProcessor MC68882FN25A

but they are lucky here with a jumper for FPUPLCC and FPUPGA

Best of the possible 3 worlds I take it...

AmigaManiac
6th August 2010, 16:51
Can do :) I'm ordering a total of 8pcs MC68030FE40C and 10pcs MC68882FN40A. I'm also ordering 5pcs MC68882RC40A and 5pcs MC68030RC50C :D

Just let me know exactly which parts you want and the quantities ;)

I should have them in stock by Friday next week, but more likely sometime the week after :(

Nathan

Greetings AmigaManiac

I'm only bugging you because you are only over the Tasman

I'm looking at upgrading at least 2 of my 68020/030 Board REV 1.0 A3200/A3400 CPU cards for the A4000.

They are all 030 CPUs not that that matters?

Now I know this won't provide the 030 with an MMU but at least we have floating point ;-)

I need 2 at this stage (not sure if I've pulled ALL of my CPU cards out of this type)

Can you help?

as for this:

I have one of my other cards that has a

MC68EC030FE25B and in the CoProcessor MC68882FN25A

but they are lucky here with a jumper for FPUPLCC and FPUPGA

Best of the possible 3 worlds I take it...

Slayer
8th August 2010, 07:11
Please lets go ahead with 2 x MC68882FN25A or similiar chips

Here's the card I've got

http://amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=222

PM your details to me... Palpal and Total cost including postage to New Zealand :-)

Thanks

*** EDIT ***

Stop the presses!!! A new development... but this requires a replace 030 at 50mhz and a suitable 68882 at 50mhz...

For the same board, can you manage this instead of the 2 x 68882 listed above?

And I need at least one set ASAP

I'd like 3 sets altogether

Buzzfuzz
8th August 2010, 10:38
Sending a pm for 2 MC68030RC50C and MC68882RC50A.

AmigaManiac
9th August 2010, 14:15
Please lets go ahead with 2 x MC68882FN25A or similiar chips

Here's the card I've got

http://amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=222

PM your details to me... Palpal and Total cost including postage to New Zealand :-)

Thanks

*** EDIT ***

Stop the presses!!! A new development... but this requires a replace 030 at 50mhz and a suitable 68882 at 50mhz...

For the same board, can you manage this instead of the 2 x 68882 listed above?

And I need at least one set ASAP

I'd like 3 sets altogether

Erm, I can only get the MC68882FN40A, not the 25Mhz. I am getting 40Mhz CQUAD 030s. I can't get 50Mhz 030 CQAUD unfortunately. Or did you want all PGA packages? Oh, and 50Mhz 68882 PGA FPUs are nowhere to be found these days :-( Everyone that has bought the 40Mhz FPUs (PGA) have reported no problems overclocking to 50Mhz - i.e., stable, and no heat issues :D

Nathan

Slayer
10th August 2010, 10:06
Ok then send me the best set you can both a FULL 40mhz 030 cpu and 40mhz 68882 FPU that will drop straight into my A3630 (or whatever the 030 default card is in stock 030/A4000s) I just don't have much time LOL

the electronic wiz is leaving the country for over a year... I don't want to wait a year for him to come back ;-)

PM your details and I will pay straight away and provide mail address... If you can't send it in a day or two we might as well forget it :-)

I know... not a great window of opportunity :whistle: :unsure: :p

AndyLandy
10th August 2010, 10:19
Ok then send me the best set you can both a FULL 40mhz 030 cpu and 40mhz 68882 FPU that will drop straight into my A3630 (or whatever the 030 default card is in stock 030/A4000s) I just don't have much time LOL

Just a word of warning. As far as I'm aware, you can't clock the A3630 any faster than 25MHz without overclocking the whole motherboard too, since it gets its timings from the board. Overclocking the motherboard is likely to be a Very Bad Thing Indeed.

AmigaManiac
10th August 2010, 14:28

the electronic wiz is leaving the country for over a year... I don't want to wait a year for him to come back ;-)

PM your details and I will pay straight away and provide mail address... If you can't send it in a day or two we might as well forget it :-)

I know... not a great window of opportunity :whistle: :unsure: :p

I won't have the parts for at least a week :-) I have professional soldering and desoldering equipment you know. Postage from NZ to AU and back would not be much at all ;)

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Just a word of warning. As far as I'm aware, you can't clock the A3630 any faster than 25MHz without overclocking the whole motherboard too, since it gets its timings from the board. Overclocking the motherboard is likely to be a Very Bad Thing Indeed.

Oh, so there is more to it than replacing the CPU, FPU and crystals?

HeZoR
10th August 2010, 14:58
Hi all,

I've recently ordered a batch of IC's. I'll have them in stock by Friday. If anyone is interested in the following CPUs and FPUs, let me know a.s.a.p. Quantities are limited, and indicated next to the IC. What doesn't sell will go on ebay, and they'll be a little more expensive, to cover listing and final value fees :-(

10pcs MC68882FN40 - AUD$18 each
(40Mhz FPU in PLCC package - these are brand new, so a real bargain!)

5pcs MC68882RC50A - AUD$29 each
(50Mhz FPU in a PGA package)

5pcs MC68030RC50C - AUD$31 each
(50Mhz CPU in a PGA package)

I take payment by PayPal, in Australian dollars (AUD) only.

Declaring interest on x1 MC68030RC50C (50Mhz CPU in a PGA package)

Thanks for the pm :)

Slayer
11th August 2010, 06:49
I'm confused now, I thought there weren't any 50mhz 030s?

:p

HeZoR
11th August 2010, 14:40

There are only PGA types at 50mhz.

Btw, Is PGA apropriate for the Blizzard MK-II? how do I remove/install the cpu in this accelerator?

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=149

I want to update her with full mmu support.
Do i have to change something for 50mhz to work? I'm currently stuck with the stock 40mhz EC' 030 pictured.

AmigaManiac
11th August 2010, 15:08

50Mhz 030 PGA CPUs yes, 50Mhz FPUs, no :(

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

There are only PGA types at 50mhz.

Btw, Is PGA apropriate for the Blizzard MK-II? how do I remove/install the cpu in this accelerator?

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=149

I want to update her with full mmu support.
Do i have to change something for 50mhz to work? I'm currently stuck with the stock 40mhz EC' 030 pictured.

Hopefully just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Otherwise it's a desolder job. Is the CPU in a socket like the FPU? The crystal may also have to be changed? That's about it, nothing hard :-)

rkauer
11th August 2010, 17:40
68882 PGA FPUs are available at 50MHz too.

On the Blizzard 1230 (any model) is just a matter of carefully pulling out the old CPU and replace it, also changing the crystal to the desired clock.

Slayer
12th August 2010, 04:07
hmm, here I was thinking all I had to do was say I wanted to upgrade the generic A3630 accelerator board with a full 50mhz 030 and accompanying FPU and you'd provide the chips! :whistle::cool:

Now I see that I needed to list the part numbers! :blink: :readit:

I fear all is lost :Doh:

Anthony is leaving the country till around November 2011 :blink: so there goes the small window of opportunity :o

At stage I won't want to post my board overseas for a presale upgrade but thanks for the hint there :D

Perhaps we'll revisit it Xmas next year :wooha: :censored: :lol:

AmigaManiac
13th August 2010, 15:23
68882 PGA FPUs are available at 50MHz too.

On the Blizzard 1230 (any model) is just a matter of carefully pulling out the old CPU and replace it, also changing the crystal to the desired clock.

Hehe, I just meant that I can no longer obtain 50Mhz PGA FPUs...at least from my IC supplier. I am loyal, so I won't cheat on them, they are too good to me :)

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

hmm, here I was thinking all I had to do was say I wanted to upgrade the generic A3630 accelerator board with a full 50mhz 030 and accompanying FPU and you'd provide the chips! :whistle::cool:

Now I see that I needed to list the part numbers! :blink: :readit:

I fear all is lost :Doh:

Anthony is leaving the country till around November 2011 :blink: so there goes the small window of opportunity :o

At stage I won't want to post my board overseas for a presale upgrade but thanks for the hint there :D

Perhaps we'll revisit it Xmas next year :wooha: :censored: :lol:

Hmmm, one can just say they want to upgrade such and such. It saves me research though if part numbers are given. The good ole BBoAH and google are great things :D

I got confused by all your wordiness - it would have been easier actually if you just said that :p I think the CQUAD CPU comes in 50Mhz, I don't know if I can find any though. I also wasn't sure if you wanted a 40Mhz CPU and 40Mhz PLCC FPU or PGA FPU.

All is not lost. At least you have found another forum to tease me on from time to time - that has to count for something :p:lol:

Slayer
13th August 2010, 21:33
Yes this is true, I am either clinically concise and specific or annoyingly vague and abstract!

Here's to appreciation for us both! :thumbsup:

And in the future I will be more concise when trying to acquire hardware parts ;)

And yes! Two forums and counting! :nod:

AmigaManiac
15th August 2010, 02:37
Yes this is true, I am either clinically concise and specific or annoyingly vague and abstract!

Here's to appreciation for us both! :thumbsup:

And in the future I will be more concise when trying to acquire hardware parts ;)

And yes! Two forums and counting! :nod:

Actually, after I read your posts a second time, and now knowing what packages of CPU and FPU that accelerator can take, your requests made perfect sense :oops: It was obvious that you wanted to max it out, i.e. a 50Mhz CQUAD CPU and 50MHz PGA FPU, since the PLCC FPUs only come in a max of 40Mhz. :Doh::whistle:

But as you saw, I can't obtian 50Mhz PGA FPUs from my IC supplier anymore, and I wasn't sure about 50Mhz CQUAD CPUs.

Sometimes my brain takes a little holiday, and when I look at something a second (or third) time, all seems clear and I wonder why I didn't "get it" the first time. :Doh: This is especially true when it comes to PCB design and electronics. I think trying to do things late at night or early in the AM has something to do with it :D...

Slayer
15th August 2010, 03:03
That is still ok! :D

Enjoy your Sunday!

And you're not the only one in need of some observation at times! I came onto Amibay so I could start selling on some of my collection... as a result I went down the path to get some chips from you, I've brought an 040 board off Anthony after contacting him to upgrade my A3630s and I'm in the middle of sorting out a Pablo expansion module for the PicassoII.

I came here to get rid of some stuff not get more! :lol:

da9000
15th August 2010, 05:18
@Slayer:

For you: http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Compulsive-Hoarding-Save-Stop/dp/157224349X

Slayer
15th August 2010, 07:16
That is so sweet of you! :help: :nod: :p

rkauer
15th August 2010, 21:16
Actually, after I read your posts a second time, and now knowing what packages of CPU and FPU that accelerator can take, your requests made perfect sense :oops: It was obvious that you wanted to max it out, i.e. a 50Mhz CQUAD CPU and 50MHz PGA FPU, since the PLCC FPUs only come in a max of 40Mhz. :Doh::whistle:

But as you saw, I can't obtian 50Mhz PGA FPUs from my IC supplier anymore, and I wasn't sure about 50Mhz CQUAD CPUs.
<SNIP>

Just to help: all PGA FPU 68882 are internally the same, only difference is the silk screened label. Grab the FPU you can find and use it with the clock of your choice.

AmigaManiac
17th August 2010, 09:24
@Slayer:

For you: http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Compulsive-Hoarding-Save-Stop/dp/157224349X

He-heeeee :lol: Too funny! I suspect that 90%+ of Amigans may find that book helpful. I know I've got a few things in my cupboard :oops: Perhaps I should buy a bunch of those books to stock on my website :p But then again, maybe not, as I may notice a sharp drop in sales :D QUICK MODS, REMOVE THAT POST BEFORE THE AMIGA MARKET AND SCENE CRASHES! :p

What is it about the Amiga that creates such obsessions? Or is it us? That's is, we're just all nuts. :nuts::whistle:

rkauer
17th August 2010, 18:56
@Slayer:

Call Tahoe, he will find this book interesting, at least.:mrgreen:

AmigaManiac
23rd August 2010, 16:00
@rkauer & Slayer?

Mein Gott! I received the latest batch of CPUs and FPUs the other day, and would you believe it, those used CQUAD CPUs I was waiting for were also EC versions! :blink::(

Anyhow, if you want the stinky EC version CPU, you can buy the new or used one from my website (http://www.amigamaniac.com/CPUs_FPUs.html), as I have listed all the CPUs, FPUs and the MMU I have in stock on there. I have set it so that I cannot "over-sell" stock that I don't have, so hopefully it will work, and people won't be able to buy an IC once they are gone :unsure:

Oh, I also added a few more X to 2.5" & 3.5" HD adapters, as well as a SCSI adapter. There is also ZIP and DIP RAM in stock :cool:

Info on the VGA adapters I sell has also been updated...

Nathan

rkauer
24th August 2010, 01:29
I think an EC (from Embedded Controller, not "Economy") version will not be my consumer's dream... :(

AmigaManiac
24th August 2010, 05:05
I think an EC (from Embedded Controller, not "Economy") version will not be my consumer's dream... :(

He he, yeah. I just said "economy" as in "cheap" version, not to denote what the "EC" means :) I don't want to teach people the wrong thing though :unsure: Perhaps I should reword the description on my website.