Status
Not open for further replies.

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
Hello. Having a tidy up in my office/man cave and came across this fine old laptop. Not used in a good while, I've my desktop 68K mac and an early ibook to play with, so time to go.

Specs:

192MB RAM
400Mhz
DVD-ROM
6GB HDD (in 3 partitions, 2 of 1.5GB and 1 of 3GB. System is installed on partition 1 of 1.5GB)
OS 9 installed
Display is bright and clear with no dead pixels.
Keyboard is QWERTZ, looks German perhaps.

The RAM is expandable to 512MB if you want to max it out, it runs very nicely on the 192MB it has installed though. Can take OS 8.6 and up to OSX 10.3.9, if you wanted to have a range of systems running.

Full spec here: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g3/specs/powerbook_g3_400.html

Battery is DEAD, but runs fine on the charger/power pack. Replacement batteries are available from ebay. The PRAM battery was flat, so I've removed that to prevent any future trouble with leaks. Runs fine without it, obviously excepting the clock resetting at boot off.

I've found this era of Mac laptops to be excellent for mid-90s through early 2000s gaming, despite what the critics may have you believe there is a WEALTH of Mac gaming software available. Absolute tons of mid to late 90s productivity apps available too, if you want to get into the Mac way of being creative without spending a ton of money, this could be a good opportunity!

Considering the battery's dead, I'll say £30 plus shipping. Within UK that'll be £7 for courier. International at cost.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
Declaring interest , pending costs of shipping to Dublin Ireland

Charger is included ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back