Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I'm considering getting a PSP to compliment my Vita, as there are still a lot of games that aren't available on PSN and may never be. I'm also a sucker for shelf games :roll:

PSP-2000 specifically (or a PSP-3000 in a pinch), because they take UMD's and have video out.

If you have one to get rid of, let me know! :coffee:

Last edited:
Cheers, but Go won't work for me, because it doesn't do UMD's, so the library is already available to me. That's why I wrote 2000/3000 in the thread title ;)

you can broaden your search including the PSP-2004 model, I have one and it has the component-out port as well... plus you can get it on permanent cfw if needed

Well the 2000 range only has progressive out and the 3000 has a better screen ;)

Of course I wouldn't say no to a 200X at the right price.

I did not knew about the output difference... as for the screen the 3000 is brighter but it leaves more "trails" in movement, something along these lines.. I remember people complaining about the 3000 screen back then, have a look here or here
I have no idea if they fixed this or not, I don't really follow the psp news since many years...

The 2000 has more ghosting because it has a slower response. Some see slight interlacing on the 3000 because the blue crystals are brighter and the screen is horizontal instead of vertial, but it also has a much broader colour palette and is brighter.
I would say the 3000 more than makes up for the slight interlacing ;)

Last edited:
I got one. Still with ofw and cfw with magic stick but ofw still unchanged on actual psp. Call it a virtual hack. Works great. Got any amiga goodies to trade?

I got one. Still with ofw and cfw with magic stick but ofw still unchanged on actual psp. Call it a virtual hack. Works great. Got any amiga goodies to trade?

No, looking for a staight pay deal. Got a price tag? :)

No deal made with Miru, so still open for offers (y)

as I am the master of changing my mind, I'm now looking for a PSP-2000 series, instead of a 3000 series. In fact, I wouldn't mind the red God of War Special Edition :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom