Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I have a bit of buzzing in the audio with my current cables, especially with white screens. This is of course fairly normal and is usually caused by video interference withaudio, so I wanted to try if a better quality cable with shielded audio wires would make any difference or if the issue resides in the console itself.

If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know.

Cheers in advance (y)

Last edited:
It could be caused by what is called a "Ground loop". Might be easy to fix with something as simple as a decent 4x way adapter with isolator.

It could be caused by what is called a "Ground loop". Might be easy to fix with something as simple as a decent 4x way adapter with isolator.

From experience, a ground loop causes constant humming, not varied depending on the video signal, right? :unsure:

Usually but when I had it I found it does vary slightly with content.

If you don't get any humming in some situations then it's not a ground loop.

Usually but when I had it I found it does vary slightly with content.

If you don't get any humming in some situations then it's not a ground loop.

Well, in any case, everything is connected to the same outlet, so there's only one ground in the setup.

If the humming is stronger when displaying screens which have a massive presence of white then the cause could be an excess of voltage in Red, Green and Blue signals.

Cheers,
Oge

If the humming is stronger when displaying screens which have a massive presence of white then the cause could be an excess of voltage in Red, Green and Blue signals.

Cheers,
Oge

Thanks. Perhaps just higher quality cables then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do the s/pdif hack on the saturn in that case ;)

Sorry if it seems off topic but I was just wondering, I have a md1 on the way so I am looking at the scart cable but don't have the pennies at the moment however I do have some RCA ports available so I could do the av mod but would this provide the same quality pic as the rgb scart?

Sorry if it seems off topic but I was just wondering, I have a md1 on the way so I am looking at the scart cable but don't have the pennies at the moment however I do have some RCA ports available so I could do the av mod but would this provide the same quality pic as the rgb scart?

Nowhere near.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

I would do the s/pdif hack on the saturn in that case ;)

I don't have the mad skillz to do that I'm afraid.

Bought on from the other bay, so please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom