Xbox HD upgrade

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
I decided my noisy, tired 20GB HDD for my Xbox needed an upgrade. I then got my WD800 80GB HDD out. After using xboxhdm to copy my necessary c drive and e drive files to it, I rebooted and booted to the minilinux distro included and used an eeprom file from configmagicto lock my HD, but it seems my HD doesn't support ATA drive locking. Is there a way to enable this, or how can I flash to a bios for xbox that supports unlocked HD's that I can still play games on without undoing my ndure softmod or requiring TSOP or Eeprom manual flashing (being using the method to solder points to flash the BIOS)

some experience

some experience

Hi,

I has been 2 years ago, but what I know is that the drive is locked by the xbox when you leave it running for a while. (opened)

Then I removed the hard disk and then I cloned it. (ghost)

That is also the way to softmod it.

Sorry no more knowledge then this.

I haven't bother with softmods, I have a xecuter2.6ce installed thanks to zetr0 , and my 2nd NOS xbox has a xecuter3ce installed... I just put hdd's in them and they work...

Are there still people that buy Micro$oft's craps? :D

Time for the Recycle Bin m8. LOL... :LOL::LOL:

yeah, I got 2 and a 1st gen one that has a hardwired 2nd BIOS! :p
they are nice machines for all retro-gamers... like the ps2 and gamecube...

NE body? I have a 40GB disk that will suffice, and supports HD locking, but it too is loud

get a mod chip!

$33 is well worth it, once you have one of these you can use any PATA drive (upto and probably beyond 1TB in storage)

Are there still people that buy Micro$oft's craps? :D

only second user, to hack =D... after once I buy it... its not Micro$ofts... its MINE :-D

@phantom, i have 7 of those "Micro$oft's craps" lol

I think I am moving towards number 9 ;) with your help of course =D

yeah, I got 2 and a 1st gen one that has a hardwired 2nd BIOS! :p
they are nice machines for all retro-gamers... like the ps2 and gamecube...

I would love to get a pinout of that xbox hardwire mod my friend!!! I remember seeing the pics.... truly awesome!

Back
Top Bottom