Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Lincolnshire, UK
Region
Lincoln
Hi all,

Does anyone have one going spare????

I am after a reasonably priced Falcon 030... I do not know what they go for outside of auction sites but I have a good idea of what I would like to pay for one... I would like it to be in good working/cosmetic condition though (y)

Please contact me if you have one that you are willing to part with

Cheers, ta, fanks :D

Last edited:
If it's for free, I want one too. To brutally destroy it of course.

Just for information: I never had one. Nor want to. Enough to public knowledge.

@kinnie: :ROTFLOL2:

@Phantom: a man after my own heart! (y)

@ Cluster

Whenever we get Atari wants on this site, it's just a personal bit of banter between a few of us who despise the Atari because of it's really bad OS, - TOS (toss)

I apologise for mildly flaming your post, but it's all in fun between rkauer & myself, along with Phantom it now seems. :ROTFLOL2:

Again m8y, sorry & I hope you have some luck in finding one of these dodo's, er....*cough* ....rare beasts. Just don't let rkauer know where you live. :jester:

All the best m8y,

Kin

Nah! I'm not that extremist. Good luck for you.

Just don't ask my personal opinion about that company's products...

:LOL: I am kinda getting the impression that its a much loved machine and that you all would love to own one :LOL:

@ Kin
No problem for showing your effection for such a rare bird as this.

There is nothing I see wrong with the eye seering green desktop that greets you when you turn the thing on!.. I did wonder why they called it TOS...
Many a year I was subjected to this on an ST and its done me no harm *DRIBBLE* and never having owned a Falcon I can probabaly guess that the ever so expensive build quality is every bit as top notch as the ST was(NOT).
WHATS NOT TO LIKE :LOL:

However having grown up with the ST I am on the "I Wonder what its like" phase

@ rkauer
Again no problems I will not ask you to divulge your ever growing love for all things A***I ever... and no I wont tell you were i live :LOL:

(Mental note to self.... NEVER buy anything off rkauer as will have to give him my address):D

Last edited:
I had 2 falcons at some point... even upgraded one with a 060 accelerator... My advice is this:
if you ever had an atari and experience with one, you might like it, but consider the fact that it is not very compatible with older st software.
if you never had an atari (like me) and want to explore on the falcon side, prepare your self to own an expensive paper-weight.

Atari computers are nothing like the amiga, in both software, hardware and user support.

Hi keropi... Thanks for the information on the Falcon... I was wondering how compatable they actually were with the ST stuff. I have got my old STFM up in the loft, had it for 20+ years, and was going to use the software I already have with the Falcon.

I guess it makes sense that it is going to be a big paperwieght, about compatability, just always wanted to own one i guess.

Now dont get me wrong whilst I was a wee teen I had the ST my m8 had an Amiga 500 and I was jealous as hell so recently, about a year ago, I bought an amiga 1200 off an well know auction site and here I am...

There is no contest between them as the Amiga stuff wins hands down! Always has done and now I have one I am hooked and i will never get rid of it but there was always that niggly thing in the back of my mind about the Falcon 030 and wondering what it was like.

I guess you wont really know unless you own one will you! (y)

nice! :)
well in that case, I can tell it won't be a paperweight :) there are some patched games that work on a 030 falcon fine, from the HDD (like whdload) ...
the falcon is a nice machine, but the lack of software kills it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom