Amiga Vision Professional. Good enough for commercial games?

Blinx123

Country
Germany
Region
Baden
I've watched a couple of videos on this matter and, quite frankly, Amiga Vision looks quite good (almost like a Amiga centric Hypercard alternative).

Question is, though. Would the professional release (V2/the re-release that allowed people to save their projects as standalone runtimes) be good enough for a commercial quality game (think of some sort of Myst clone)?

What's the license on this release? Could we make commercial games without fearing the intervention of Amiga Inc?

When I saw this thread I was going to click it and say "imho no" but I see you have said "for a myst clone" so.... I have never played Myst but if it is one of those graphic adventures with a series of static screens then I will vote "maybe".

But I always liked CanDo better. You should look into CanDo a bit before you spend hundreds of hours working with AmigaVision.

Both ended up being too simplistic for my needs and I stuck with JC+Asm for all my game coding.

Tho there was this one Star Trek game I coded in True Basic that used CanDo to play the soundfx and it used the showanim cli command to show animations.

Good luck in all your game making endeavors!

Back
Top Bottom