Test with rgb, cga to vga konverter

Hessu

Amiga Manic
AmiBayer
Country
Raisio, Finland
Region
Varsinais-suomi
Here is the results of it, when using 22" LCD, this is not the best for some scandoubler, but shows it anyways and it seems to handle interlaced modes too at least somehow, yet to do is test it with CRT monitor, which should give better quality for judging the overall quality. Stay tuned :) Sorry about the flashy, forgot to take it off..

Attachments

• default pal.jpg
    default pal.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1
  • setting interlaced.jpg
    setting interlaced.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1
  • interlaced.jpg
    interlaced.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
  • AV1-Product.jpg
    AV1-Product.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1
This seems promesing. How is it compared to an indivision price/performance?

Ok, next one is with CRT monitor 17" First picture is in normal pal hires mode, next one is pal hires interlaced, and the last one is naked converter :) 256 colors used, so as i believe, this could be good for older OCS/ECS amigas, and maybe for those who would use it only for retro gaming purposes and aren't so picky about colors when using AGA modes. Better than nothing, i would say.

Attachments

• CRTPAL.jpg
    CRTPAL.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2
  • CRTINTERL.jpg
    CRTINTERL.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
  • insider.jpg
    insider.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
Third quick test, now with a game, Pinball Mania. Let's see how it goes... there is a button, which is shown on the pictures now and what it does.
Now this AMBERY AV-1 box is tested by community member in public. Pictures should tell basically all we need about this, though the quality could have been better, maybe when i get a better one. I hope this is helps others who have been wondering about this piece of ... :censored: Bought this when i thought i would never get a decent scandoubler or graphicscard, some time ago. (edit)Frequencies shown on monitor setup, was H48,38KHz and V60,87Hz

Attachments

• PBMANIA1.jpg
    PBMANIA1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
  • BUTTPRESS.jpg
    BUTTPRESS.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • PBMANIA2.jpg
    PBMANIA2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well the test of the game does not look that good.But I do not undersand the button feature.When it is pressed the picture looks like the figure on the right and normally (without pressing the button) its like figure on the left?

Well the test of the game does not look that good.But I do not undersand the button feature.When it is pressed the picture looks like the figure on the right and normally (without pressing the button) its like figure on the left?
Correct, I will do more tests later today, at the moment i have too many other things to do.

Pal modes

Pal modes

I was suspecting something wrong about the settings, so switched to another A4000D which has only basic os 3.1 installed, so it's comparable to basic A1200 setup.
Now the results were much better, so it's not too bad after all but this time those interlaced modes were not so good, font's were very blurry.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1
  • superhilac.jpg
    superhilac.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1
  • superhi.jpg
    superhi.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2
  • hireslac.jpg
    hireslac.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • hires.jpg
    hires.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
  • lowlac.jpg
    lowlac.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1
  • low.jpg
    low.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1
NTCS modes

NTCS modes

As i think some of you would ask this one, so did a test for them too. This time laced modes were totally unusable.

Attachments

• superhi.jpg
    superhi.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1
  • ntsclowres.jpg
    ntsclowres.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1
  • ntchires.jpg
    ntchires.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2
  • lacednogo.jpg
    lacednogo.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
@ Hessu

The vertical banding is shocking, eh. :nod:

Quite an informative thread m8 & one well worth taking notice of.

I'd be leaving you some Rep Power if it was still being used. :whistle:

Kin

Thanks for running all these tests, it really helps us determine whether or not it's worth buying one of these things.

Have you tried running HighGFX modes through it? I wonder if it could scandouble those for a native 1024x768 display.

CGA to VGA converter- cheap sd/ff solution?

CGA to VGA converter- cheap sd/ff solution?

Here is the cheapest
HTML:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CGA-EGA-YUV-TO-VGA-converter-2-VGA-output_W0QQitemZ250550649687QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a55fb8357
OOH, nevermind

Last edited:
I have few doublers (internal, external), all of them suffers from banding. but only at first try!
Ive tweaked all of them on monitor which can set phase and clock widely enough. If anyone convice me its not monitor flaws but doubler failure then i will not buy it :D

Thanks for running all these tests, it really helps us determine whether or not it's worth buying one of these things.

Have you tried running HighGFX modes through it? I wonder if it could scandouble those for a native 1024x768 display.

Tested today with the latest HighGFX, and worked, i will post pictures later today, with comments.

Back
Top Bottom