Amiga Dragon!
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Frankfurt
Would anyone within the UK be so kind and mod the backplate of my 4000's PSU - like, remove the useless grille which massively obstructs airflow and place some mesh or even some "metal with holes" as shown in mfilos' blog entry? I do not have the proper tools to do this and I'm afraid that using a Dremel will result in not-so-straight cut lines.

I'll invite you to the pub if you're living close to London or I'll donate you some Quids via PayPal.

Thanks!

You can do it with a Dremel by using a solid metal guide (metal ruler on a carpenter's right angle tool) for example.

Or ask a machine shop to do it.

Another option is to cut the grill out and put a rubber contour before bolting or riveting the mesh.

I'd rather have someone to do it.. I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to things like this :LOL:

I would do it! as im very fussy with my work I can get a bit ott when getting straight lines and stuff. BUT I have a problem with workspace... I do not have anywhere suitable to do this kind of thing :(

If this was plastic I would jump at helping you as its less of a problem. I hate not having somewhere to do things... same with electronics and soldering as I am starting to get quite good at it. But I cannot leave things setup as we are registered childminders (Ofsted would cut our bits off if they came here and saw my stuff out still).

There has to be somebody out there who will do a good tidy job of this!

hmmm... if let me see if I still have that inox sheet with the holes ;)

edit: ah, now I see you want a UK person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom