Closed WTB zorro 2 type graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WTB zorro 2 type graphics card

I still want one! In fact, anything that will allow me to use an Amiga on a SVGA PC style monitor will do. :?

for those that are considering almost anything to allow you Amiga to be hooked up to PC monitor there is another option to buying a new LCD TV / Graphics Card or expensive Scan Doubler / Flicker Fixer

let me introduce this Up Scaling Unit for around £34 (ebay buy it now auction)

[amibay does not endorse this auction its just my personal opinion]

Now this is the bigger brother to the one i have and infact its awesome! I have used this on both my 19" CRT and 42" plasma in very large screen modes.

The device scales all the images to a set resolution, for instance, should the device be set to display 1024x768 it will scale and Flicker Fix (de-interlace) any screen up or down.

for instance, mine device will do 1280x960 and will scale any screen to it, including super hires interlace... without flicker... looks REALLY nice on my 42" plasma :D (i must take some pics of this)

The unit has many features including multiple inputs like 100 channel RF and SVideo, it also has a PIP (picture in picture)

the only points of concern are

the VGA in wont up scale / sync a 15khz signal source
the Composite input is a little washed but nothing compared to regular composite input on my TV
the (without adapter or a bit of hackery) no other way than using the composite input from the Amiga.

Anyway, I personally swear by the one i have, it really is awesome, so much so i sold both my internal SD/FF devices, but a word to mention is that your own experience may well vary, especially if you have an NTSC based Amiga.

again... these are just my personal thoughts not that of AmiBay

I've been interested in getting hold of one of these external boxes for some time.

But to connect it up to an A1200 and LCD monitor and be able to display all modes am I right in thinking I would need to use the A1200's composite output instead of the RGB port?

And what about higher VGA resolution modes? Those can't be sent via composite AFAIK so would I need to switch to the Amiga's RGB output, connected to the units VGA input for these? Or would using interlaced screenmodes connected via composite get around this problem?

BTW, I noticed on the images for the auction that the box is made by a company called 10moons. I had a quick dig around in Google and their official site is found at http://www.10moons.net, and the unit in question is found on the page http://www.10moons.net/Product.asp?CID=101

Thanks guys. That's the box you showed me on EAB I think Zetro. I had forgotten about that. :roll: I was a bit reluctant about buying from China to be honest, in terms of customs tax and suddenly getting my PayPal linked email address spammed to the max (as happened to me when I bought some stuff on eBay from Hong Kong). I shall give it some more thought.
:D

Update:

Now I have a had a look, I don't really want to use composite out. I want crisp text readable quality. I guess I'm going to have scour the InterWebNetDotCom and end up paying through the nose for a flicker fixer or graphics card :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom