stevendt

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Scotland
Hi,

I am looking for an external 3.5" floppy drive with an internal power supply.
I need an older style drive with mains to DC PSU, so that I can put a (very small) additional load on the 5V supply, and 34 way FDD connector, rather than a USB drive, so that I can connect it to a very old disk controller.

I have never seen one with two drives in it, but if one of these was available, even better.

The drive does not need to be working, but the power supply does. I kniow I could use a 5.25" one with a 5.25 to 3.5 FDD adapter, but I'd like to keep it as small as possible.

Does anyone have one of these available for sale please?

regards
Dave

ps - Maybe I should have put this under the "Atari" section, as I think an external drive for an ST would work as they seem to have internal PSUs

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I have a Roctec one if it's any use to you, I think the drive belt needs replacing, it looks like this:

images

It's in very nice cosmetic condition. I'd accept a Fiver + postage.

Hi Steve,

thanks a lot for the offer, I am interested.

The photo does not show the end of the cable, is it a USB drive?

I should have made it clearer (I will edit the post) that I am looking for an older style drive with a mains PSU (I want to be able to take a very small additional 5v load from the PSU)

regards
Dave

Hi Dave, it's an Amiga floppy drive, I made the false assumption (being Amibay) you would be looking for an Amiga Drive. My apologies :Doh:

Hi Steve,

no problem - a reasonable assumption, given the lack of clarity in my post !

thanks anyway

regards
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom