Methanoid

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Country
England
Region
Herts
My original DVD of Tiger for my PPC G4 Mini is dead. Cannot be read in drive and I want to put a new HDD in my Mini with OSX and with MorphOS. I have a working Leopard but lets be honest Tiger is better for a low end G4 Mini.

Can someone burn me a copy if I provide a photo of my disk to confirm its legit?

Or failing that, someone want to sell me their original at a sensible price?

Did you get sorted out? Because slot loading drives can fail in Minis so it might be the drive

You have your own disc so i think you can found on any torrent site a backup copy of your disc.
Otherwise, you should consider going Leopard. I have Tiger on my MacMini G4 because i wan't to keep Os9 compatibility, but Leopard is no slower and has more compatible softwares. Developpers are forgetting about Tiger support by now, unfortunately.

You have your own disc so i think you can found on any torrent site a backup copy of your disc.
Otherwise, you should consider going Leopard. I have Tiger on my MacMini G4 because i wan't to keep Os9 compatibility, but Leopard is no slower and has more compatible softwares. Developpers are forgetting about Tiger support by now, unfortunately.

I would have said that Leopard is slower on a G4 than Tiger on the same machine. Yes, Tiger is virtually abandoned now, along with Leopard and PPC however there is life in the old stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom