Closed Jiffydos

ElectroBlaster

Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Country
Exeter, Devon
I am looking for Jiffydos. Unsure exactly what I need but I would like both my c64 + disk drives sorted.

I can solder, fit chips etc but cannot flash eproms (no kit at the moment)

PM if you can help :)

it will all depend on which model c64 you have and which drive youve got.

:)

I have the following:

C64C
C64 Breadbin (has C64C board)

3 x 1541

2 x 1541 MK2's

SD2IEC

At the very least I would like one of the 64's jiffy'd as I understand it can speed up the SD2IEC?

:)

I have the following:

C64C
C64 Breadbin (has C64C board)

3 x 1541

2 x 1541 MK2's

SD2IEC

At the very least I would like one of the 64's jiffy'd as I understand it can speed up the SD2IEC?

yes indeed it does speed up the sd2iec ALOT.ive got one and jiffydos on dual boot.:)

:D excellent

Any options closer to home? Our lovely customs here in the UK could nab anything coming in from the USA and hold me to ransom on it.

Only had it happen 3 times but VERY annoying (n)

There are only two legally licensed sellers of new JiffyDOS chips. One is Retro Innovations, that SaviorX linked to above. The other is BasicWayne on eBay. However, he is also in the USA. :(

Your only other legal option is to buy a used one from another AmiBayer or elsewhere.

Good luck whatever you decide to do! (y)

Heather

I sell JiffyDos 6.01 for the C64 but not for the disk drive as I dont have one.
I am mainly making these for the SD2IEC.
They are $25 AUS + shipping.

:D excellent

Any options closer to home? Our lovely customs here in the UK could nab anything coming in from the USA and hold me to ransom on it.

Only had it happen 3 times but VERY annoying (n)

You can import tax free upto 40gbp. Order from Jim Brain, he provides correct tax forms and invoices - so no issue.

Alternatively Ken offers switchless JiffyDos. He is also a licensed seller too.

At this time, there are 3 authorized sales channels for JiffyDOS:

No other distributors are currently licensed to offer JiffyDOS at this time. Please help us maintain the ability to offer licensed JiffyDOS copies by purchasing from one of the above sales channels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom