PDA

View Full Version : Amiga A600 Keyboard and Membranes

rwap
2nd July 2013, 00:53
Having obtained a sample of both A500 keyboard membranes, can someone please send me an A600 keyboard and membrane - so that I can look into getting some of these made.

If there is more than one type of membrane, I could do with one of each, and maybe we could combine them.

Zetr0
3rd July 2013, 17:50
@Rich,

I should be able to help with both of these requests, hit me up in PM with your address =)

rwap
3rd July 2013, 21:30
Excellent - PM sent - although I am going to be short of finance until some of the A500 membranes sell...

ElectroBlaster
11th July 2013, 14:16
AFAIK! and I am no expert at this and its probably already known, but there are two types of ribbon that I have stumbled upon.

1 x green

1 x blue

I willing to bet they are wired exactly the same as the keyboard layouts match. I have found the blue type feels better when typing (key switches etc) so im guessing different companies made them?

If a600 membranes can be made, you have a customer here :D

rwap
26th August 2013, 16:26
I have now heard back from the keyboard manufacturer - unfortunately, the green and blue A600 keyboard membranes cannot be combined to make it easier to produce.

I have however, now started a pre-order listing for each of the replacement blue and green membranes on sellmyretro - this will help to finance the production as it is only worthwhile getting 250 of each type made!

See http://www.sellmyretro.com/category/Retro+Computers/Commodore/Amiga/Hardware/General+~~+Add-Ons